turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Select Timber Cutting

Started by Greg Massey, March 22, 2021, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

The problem with basing opinion on such a subject to experience on public ground is that national forests are not managed with the hunter in mind. Granted there's a lot of national forests that are exceptional for hunting of most game. the one just of of town included) national forests are built on the premise of multiple use. I got in a very lengthy argument last year where a fella from North Florida was raising all hell because they were "burning up his turkeys". He just could not wrap his head around the thought that burning is done for more reasons than just to make better turkey or deer hunting. Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that there's a lot of mismanagement in the public sector of forestry. But there's a lot of really great folks that also devote more than their fair to make our woods the best they can be.

bear hunter

I think with them leaving tress 18 inch or less you should be in good shape. If they did good job of sowing there logging roads there should be plenty of turkeys using the green roads.