OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dream turkey gun build

Started by Elidepew05, March 22, 2021, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elidepew05

If you had 2,000 dollars to spend on a turkey gun with shells choke and etc. what gun and gear would you get for it?

Dtrkyman

Buy the cheapest gun I like, get all supplies to load a chit ton of tss and spend the rest on tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elidepew05

I agree with that. TSS makes a insane difference. I have an 870 and just getting an idea of what I want my dedicated turkey gun to be. Was thinking a nice and short 12 gauge semi auto with lbxr and maybe a sumtoy choke with a holographic sight.

skimerhorn

Probably upgrade my 20 to a auto. Probably a franchi. Then it would be indian creek choke, vortex venom, and apex

BBR12

Just finished building mine. Remington 870 20 Ga 21" barrel,  knox adjustable stock, sure shot fore end. ALL metal coated with Birdsong Green T or Black  T hand "painted" green leaf cerakote on the stocks and topped off with a FF3. I have been wanting to build this for a couple years finally got around to it.

MK M GOBL

I need more than $2,000 to build it... LOL

Custom Shop Benelli going to ChaChing you.

MK M GOBL

the Ward

It would be a new Browning sweet 16, stocks refinished to a satin oil look. Ceracoated patriot brown metal finish, d&t for FF3 with backup fiber optics. 26" barrel with Sumtoy choke shooting lead 5s or 6s. Would probably be more than $2000 though to do. Will have one someday though, but probably not as a dedicated turkey gun, more as a do all gun.

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on March 23, 2021, 09:23:25 AM
It would be a new Browning sweet 16, stocks refinished to a satin oil look. Ceracoated patriot brown metal finish, d&t for FF3 with backup fiber optics. 26" barrel with Sumtoy choke shooting lead 5s or 6s. Would probably be more than $2000 though to do. Will have one someday though, but probably not as a dedicated turkey gun, more as a do all gun.

Did not spend 2k, but I got close to building that gun. New sweet 16, Briley .600 turkey choke, Burris FF3, Bottomland Gun Skin. Shooting Apex TSS #7. Giving it a go this season..

the Ward

Quote from: Tom007 on March 23, 2021, 09:41:52 AM

Did not spend 2k, but I got close to building that gun. New sweet 16, Briley .600 turkey choke, Burris FF3, Bottomland Gun Skin. Shooting Apex TSS #7. Giving it a go this season..
Very nice! I fell in love with the a5 16 after handling one at the local shop.I will have one!

the Ward

What mount did you use for the FF3 Tom? Is that the meadow creek one?

Elidepew05

I like that setup.Right now running an 870 12 with a long heavy barrel.lol. might try my shorter barrel next year.

Tom007

Quote from: BBR12 on March 22, 2021, 10:24:13 PM
Just finished building mine. Remington 870 20 Ga 21" barrel,  knox adjustable stock, sure shot fore end. ALL metal coated with Birdsong Green T or Black  T hand "painted" green leaf cerakote on the stocks and topped off with a FF3. I have been wanting to build this for a couple years finally got around to it.

Nice job, good luck with it..

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on March 23, 2021, 09:46:46 AM

Very nice! I fell in love with the a5 16 after handling one at the local shop.I will have one!

You will love it, no kick and shoots a great pattern. Very lightweight too...

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on March 23, 2021, 09:48:57 AM

Yes my friend. Did not want to drill and tap it. I like the setup on this. Be safe..

Tom

the Ward

Quote from: Tom007 on March 23, 2021, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: the Ward on March 23, 2021, 09:48:57 AM

Yes my friend. Did not want to drill and tap it. I like the setup on this. Be safe..

Tom
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.