turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

*graphic* can it be saved?

Started by IORIO52, May 25, 2011, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IORIO52

Can this head be saved? I obviously shot this bird at a close distance and mangled the head pretty good. My taxidermist said he has some old heads laying around the shop but I'd rather have the original if possible. Thanks for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TRKYHTR

First off, most taxidermists will send their turkey heads off to get freezedried. That head looks like it is missing some parts. So What you send the taxidermist is what your going to get back, if they use the real head. Most people want the real head on their bird but if there is flesh missing or pellet holes in the beak you will be able to see it when the head is done. My recommendation is to ask your taxi man if he does the freeze drying or if he send it away. He can get another head from most guys who do freeze dried turkey heads. Just make sure you match the size of the head ie a 20-22 lb turkeys head if that is how much your turkey weighed. You will be happier with a good looking head instead of something that looks like it has been shot with pieces missing. Good luck,

TKRYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Houndstooth Game Calls

I would think many of the taxidermist would be able to get you a freez dried 1! By the way that was one rough looking neck shot, I geuss if you have him sewn back up you could call him scarface! Good luck

ncturkey

My taxidermist buys his gobblers heads freeze dried. He does send your head away. He just orders what ever he needs. Like for my mount he ordered a struuting head for a 18-19 lb gobbler. I think your taxi man can order one. I would not get a rubber head the freeze dried look better.

IORIO52