turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tick Spray

Started by mtns2hunt, March 11, 2021, 05:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

Been looking for some DurationTM Permethrin 10% Concentrate on Amazon with no luck. Where is everyone buying theirs? I want to buy a brand that I am sure is safe and most places have so many different brands and concentrations I am not sure which to purchase. If I have to I will use Sawyers agian but would like to try DurationTM Permethrin 10% Concentrate. Thanks
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

BigSlam51

Whats wrong with sawyers?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Martins 10% Permethrin.  Plenty on Ebay.  1 oz to 20 oz of water and spray away.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: BigSlam51 on March 11, 2021, 06:06:37 AM
Whats wrong with sawyers?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with Sawyers but I spend a lot of time hunting, biking, hiking and cutting wood. Sawyers is expensive over the long haul.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: bbcoach on March 11, 2021, 06:20:53 AM
Martins 10% Permethrin.  Plenty on Ebay.  1 oz to 20 oz of water and spray away.

Thank you, never thought about e-bay. I'll try the Martins.

Muzzy61

Tractor supply is where I get mine.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lunghit

I mix my own with Martins and you get a few years supply at the same price of a bottle of sawyers. I bought the Martins from EBay in 2018 and still have lots left.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

mtns2hunt

Thanks everyone for your replies. Just ordered some Martins. FYI: I was once diagnosed with Lymes and spent a couple weeks getting IV antibiotics. Definatly do not care to go through that agian but at least I have no side effects. Stay safe and good luck this season. Seen a very nice Gobbler yesterday in a field and one not so fortunate in the middle of the road so its heating up.

Bob G.

I hunt in a high tick area in southern VT and have been spraying all hunting clothes, including wool, with Sawyer's Permethrin. Have not had a tick on me ever since. I get the 24 ounce bottles.

A friend of mine mixed his own version of permethrin for him and his wife. They were hunting at my camp with us a few years back. He came in camp with a few ticks on him. One got on the couch and eventually bit my GF. Luckily she didn't get Lyme disease. I'm a firm believer in Sawyer's and applying per the directions.

fallsflight

Check eBay, that's where I got mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallsflight

I got the Martins Permethrin 10% off eBay and it worked well this past deer season, so plan to keep using for turkey season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: Muzzy61 on March 11, 2021, 08:25:46 AM
Tractor supply is where I get mine.
X2  Tractor Supply and Rural King

bbcoach

Several say Sawyers.  It is readily available at Wally World for about $10 and short term (Spring turkey season) it is GREAT.  But as 2hunt said, if you and the family spend time in the outdoors grab a pint or quart of 10% and share it with your buddies.  Cheaper that way and lets you spread the protection around to others.

bbcoach

Ticks aren't anything to mess with.  When you head into the woods this spring, spray your clothes down.  Don't tell yourself, "I won't get any ticks!"  If you get Lyme or Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, you will wish you had sprayed down.  Permethrin does deter mosquitoes as well.  Don't roll the dice, get it and use it!

captpete

I used the Duration brand stuff then switched to this stuff that I get from Amazon. The Duration is really expensive compared to the Martins. About the only difference is the Duration is approved for use on clothes and stuff.
Directions says to mix 1oz to 19oz water. I mix mine a touch heavier...1oz to 18oz water. I haven't found a tick on me or my clothes since I started using it about 8-9 yrs ago.