turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ol’ Tom Easy Rider Vest vs K & H Run-N- Gun 300 Vest

Started by GunRunner, March 08, 2021, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunRunner

Looking for feedback from you guys that have experience with these two vests.
How do you rate these two vests against each other?

Thanks,

GunRunner
  :turkey:

Smooth_Operator

I only have experience with the Easy Rider but so far I'm loving mine. Lightweight, good pocket layout, comfy seat. Will have to see how it holds up over a season but so far it's batting lead off for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

davisd9

I have hunted the easy rider for about 1.5 years. Got it half way through the season in 2019. I love the vest. It fits well and not baggy. Has plenty of room but not space just to put stuff. Good organization.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Nathan_Wiles

I have the KH RnG 300. This will be its 3rd season coming up. I like it pretty well. Backpack feature is handy and great for stuff that you want but don't need to access all the time. The water bottle pouch on the right side is nearly useless for that purpose so I use it for my foam gun cradle. I use a water bladder so that may play into my thinking.. All the other pockets lay out well and work well. The seat is good and deploys kinda like a speed seat but not exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bigriverbum

i hunted the rng300 last season. held up well over 30 days hunting. 

pros-tight fitting, lightweight, backpack, quality material. the seat SYSTEM is great. easy to use, seat's never dragging behind you, cushion is just ok. bladder compatibility is nice to have. i like the top pockets for strikers on the left and monocular/smokes/mouth calls on the right. the 4 vertical pockets that run up and down your chest are nice too for clippers, gloves/mask, phone, or water bottle.

cons-the seat causes butt numbness pretty quick.  the pot call holders will break down if you use anything bigger than a 3" pot. they're in a great spot though.  box call holder sucks for anything other than a 15 dollar quaker boy(aren't they all?)

the biggest problem for me is how it fits my body. as i said its form fitting which is nice as you're not snagging stuff all the time. the problem is how i'm built. very large chest and tiny(relatively) waist. the lower pockets are all but inaccessible to me unless i unbuckle and lift the bottom up or if i'm unbuckled while sitting.  i found it quite annoying, but not a deal breaker

it's quite easy to over load

bigriverbum

i wore the ol' tom essential today out scouting. i know it's not the easy rider but the concept is the same

the cushion seems better than the rng. i had no problem with the magnets holding it up until i started going down hill(very very steep to be fair) it kept falling down then and it wasn't always easy to find the magnets to get it back up

i think it will wear about the same as the rng. lightweight, seems like sturdy material. the turkey pouch could hold a lot of stuff though not as securely as the rng backpack

i really like the locator call holder and the big lower pockets.  stuffs not on your chest like the rng so it's more traditional, but those lower pockets were so much easier for me to access.  the vest fit nice and tight too.

doesn't seem like you'll be able to overload the ol' drake as easily as the knigh n hale. i really like both. i just got the ol' tom this winter for like 60 bucks so a good deal

FL-Boss

RNG all the way. Easy rider was more durable material.. but loud, that's the price you pay for more durable.   RNG actually fits normal people.  And yes, unbuckle the lower buckle before you deploy or stow your seat....makes it much easier.

TonyTurk

Get both and try em out.  Whichever one you like the least, you can sell on the classifieds here!  LOL

THattaway

Easy rider is probably the most comfortable strap vest I've ever owned. No experience with the K&H.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

HILBY72

This will be my 3rd season with the Ol Tom Easy Rider and I have no complaints. Good layout and light weight for the hunter that puts on some miles

Chad

Tom007

Picked up a O'l Tom Michael Waddle 2.0 vest. The vest is like brand new, does not look like it was even used. Very lightweight, great magnetic seat, great layout. It looks like a great Run& gun vest, with the ability to sit if needed. The shoulder straps are padded, the vest is well made. I will give more feedback once I use it in the field. Be safe, good luck...

THattaway

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: Chad on March 10, 2021, 08:40:03 AM
Does the Easy Rider have a water bladder pouch?
Yes. Has foam insert in middle of back like I beam and you can remove that and use for bladder.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Chad

Thanks THattaway. I found an Easy Rider to try on today. It looks like a nice vest, but was too large in the belly for me. I'm 5' 10" and 180 lbs.

I already have a RNG 200 that'll I like, but I ordered the new Nomad Pursuit vest to try. I'll get to put it to use in 9 days

TauntoHawk

I'd love to see K&H do their take on a sit anywhere design.. if I could merge that style of seat with a RG300 I'd probably buy enough to cover the rest of my life.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>