OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hastings 10g chokes

Started by Shady valley birds, March 08, 2021, 09:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady valley birds

Do any of yall have any experience with hastings turkey chokes? I can't find alot of info on em but i haven't dug a whole lot either but was looking for opinions thanks guys!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Old Gobbler

When I first got my sp10 in 1995 hastings was literally the only aftermarket choke I could find ...I shot a .695 ported hastings and a federal 2.25 #4 for a few years until I got a Rhino .685

Never really used it much afterwards almost every choke I used shot better
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Shady valley birds

Thanks, i found that .675 and thought that was the tightest one iv seen. But Thanks for the heads up thats the beauty of this forum!!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Shady valley birds

I ended up ordering a. 675 jebs and calling it done. Now if apex will get some shells in stock ill be in business!

randywallace

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 10, 2021, 08:35:13 PM

until I got a Rhino .685

Same here.  Rhino .685 shoots a laser out of my 10 gauge with every shell I have tried from lead to TSS.

Quote from: Shady valley birds on March 08, 2021, 09:33:19 PM
Do any of yall have any experience with hastings turkey chokes? I can't find alot of info on em but i haven't dug a whole lot either but was looking for opinions thanks guys!
I use a Hastings .705" in my Ithaca Mag 10 with grafted on Sp-10 barrel. It patterns old 2 1/4oz. Federal and Winchester great out to 50 yards. But I prefer a more traditional shotgun pattern than many on here.