OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

black rifles

Started by doepee, May 24, 2011, 12:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

Anybody on here own a ar-15 with a telescopic sight... I am looking to purchase a stag 2TL or 3L . The 2TL comes with the fixed high profile front sight and I am wondering if it gets it the way when you look through your sight, more than likely a red dot eotech but not sure yet, The 3L is a flat top and you can put your own fold down front and rear sight on it, which would let you look through your red dot  without any interference but with an additional cost to purchase extra sights.. the L means left handed. Stagarms.com  Thanks for any info..

wisconsinteacher

I have a standard front sight with a flip up rear sight.  With the sight down, you look at the dot and the target.  For the most part the dot sits on top of the front sight and you see it.  With the rear sight up the red dot sits on top of the front one and your eyes will not notice it at all.  PM me if you have any more questions.

wisconsinteacher

What cal are you getting the rifle in?

doepee

So your saying that when you look through your red dot eotech ect.. you would be able to see the front sight and the dot would be on top of the front sight?  I hope when I zero it it isnt below the front site.  I couldnt use the rear flip up because the eotech would be in the way for the iron sights... I do want iron sights because what good would the gun be if something would happen to the scope!! That is why I was thinking about the 3L because the front and rear then would fold down... but like I said at a additional cost... it would be in .223  I already own a HK 91 .308  

Can a fellow by a raised rib of some type to put on the rifle and then put your scope on that so it would be a little higher??