turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

So how am i doing so far.

Started by rt2bowhunter, March 03, 2021, 05:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt2bowhunter

I have been Turkey hunting for 40 years easy. And was a diaphragm call guy for 99% of those years, but thats no more :). So 3 years ago i started using friction calls mostly pots. I bought a few kits and built my own and killed birds but was never jump up and down crazy about the sound, and by the way i got a box full of strikers lol. And i bought a few calls, well now that your up to speed.

Heres what i have going into this season. I have 2 Lonnie Sneed calls the Outlaw Hen and the Hot Hen Slate. I have a Persimmon Hill aluminum call and a Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum i just ordered. After thinking i really need a wet call and reading a good bit on here i settled on this call. I also ordered the cover and carbon tip striker.

I hope those cover my needs. But i still have the wants and have been eyeing either the Metal Mouth 2 or the Crystal Mistress. I'm sure i will order one or the other payday being retired i gotta spread my spending out LOL.

So am i off to a good restart?

rakkin6

Quote from: rt2bowhunter on March 03, 2021, 05:19:56 AM
I have been Turkey hunting for 40 years easy. And was a diaphragm call guy for 99% of those years, but thats no more :). So 3 years ago i started using friction calls mostly pots. I bought a few kits and built my own and killed birds but was never jump up and down crazy about the sound, and by the way i got a box full of strikers lol. And i bought a few calls, well now that your up to speed.

Heres what i have going into this season. I have 2 Lonnie Sneed calls the Outlaw Hen and the Hot Hen Slate. I have a Persimmon Hill aluminum call and a Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum i just ordered. After thinking i really need a wet call and reading a good bit on here i settled on this call. I also ordered the cover and carbon tip striker.

I hope those cover my needs. But i still have the wants and have been eyeing either the Metal Mouth 2 or the Crystal Mistress. I'm sure i will order one or the other payday being retired i gotta spread my spending out LOL.

Yes you are, I own the original Metal Mouth nd the twisted sister. Just my ear but I prefer the sister to the mistress. But you will probably get a 50/50 split on that one. All just users preference.

If you are asking for possible other makers

Mark Cunningham (Footballer on this site)
Jimmy Schaffer (oak ridge custom calls)
Brad Roberts (B &C custom calls)
Mike Yingling (Great copper and titanium calls also on this site)
Wendell Rye (Lights out custom calls)

These are just a few fellas

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tom007

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 03, 2021, 05:39:32 AM

Yes you are, I own the original Metal Mouth nd the twisted sister. Just my ear but I prefer the sister to the mistress. But you will probably get a 50/50 split on that one. All just users preference.

If you are asking for possible other makers

Mark Cunningham (Footballer on this site)
Jimmy Schaffer (oak ridge custom calls)
Brad Roberts (B &C custom calls)
Mike Yingling (Great copper and titanium calls also on this site)
Wendell Rye (Lights out custom calls)

These are just a few fellas

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

X2, could add Paul Hicks (Daddy Rat) and Gooserbat here too....we probably missed a bunch more here..best of luck
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

I think you've got a fine line up! I love my Metal Mouth II. Never had the original, but I prefer it to the Crystal Mistress. If I were adding one to your vest though it'd be a Buster Halford green slate in a persimmon pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyfool

Daddyrat aka Paul Hicks jr. He made me 2 killer pots and was a really reasonable price. Good guy to deal with too. He'll probably be my go-to guy from now on along with Mike Yingling is also awesome to deal with. So those two and you won't go wrong

tiberiuswade

Guys if you're interested in turkey calling...get with me as I'll be hosting a NWTF turkey calling contest in June,  college Station, TX. Details on how to from many callers who compete at national level. This will be a sanctioned contest that winners will qualify for NWTF Grand nationals in Edgefield, SC.
I working on the online application process and registration form

Norm wade
NWTF Texas State board
Also check out Bill Crowell custom call ( Houston, Tx)
Use his calls to test in New Mexico for Merriams and have contributed to more birds taking dirt naps

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

yelpy

Nice to see you here rt. Welcome aboard. Some fine turkey talk here and lots of experienced help. Plenty of great call makers out there. A good box and paddle call would be worth having in the arsenal. Look up Al and Josh. S&S custom calls they make some really good calls. I think you would like them a lot.

rt2bowhunter

Hey Buddy, I tell ya i have been reading a ton. I think i have conditioned the wife to the point she don't even hear me practicing lol. Seems to be a bunch of fine guys on here eager to help and full of info.

Thanks for the tips and advice guys, and i'm glad i'm here :).

rt2bowhunter

Heres where i stand now LOL.
Sneed outlaw Hen and Hot Hen
Enticer Silver thunder extreme
M.Yingling Copper
Crystal Mistress
Lynch 1959 ( i have had it for a long time)
John Teague X2 trumpets. I ordered one after talking to him on Email. He sent 3 for me to try. I keep the one i paid for and bought a 2nd :).
also one of John's Tube calls i bought months ago.

My wife is now Turkey call deaf LOL.

Thanks again guys