OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Another Good Tutorial for Trumpets (or any air calls)  (Read 3925 times)

Offline randywallace

Re: Another Good Tutorial for Trumpets (or any air calls)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 05:08:53 PM »
Thanks for posting the video! I'm interested to see how many people try a trumpet as well, but I would guess it won't be a noticeable difference, especially long term. Trumpets take so much practice just to produce an acceptable turkey sound, much less master it. Most people don't take the time to master other calls, whether it be diaphragm or friction, and trumpets are not near as readily available as other calls are.

The same people that squawk on a friction call because their caller and calling is poor will do the same on a trumpet.  They will spend that $$$ on a trumpet and by golly they gone use it no matter what.

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Good video. It certainly can be frustrating when learning. I know it took me several years to get a decent sound. I set it down many times thinking I’m done with it.

Like a guitar teacher will say, hang it up on something where you see it and it’s easy to reach. Grab it and practice a few minutes each day or every few days.

That said I still can’t play a guitar lol. Carpal tunnel ended that journey.

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
Good video from a good friend. Lee does make as goid a trumpet as anyone I have ever run . As a matter of fact he is currently building me another .
I have several trumpet builders that I have spoken to since Pinhoti trumpet video . Mark Perdhome has almost 2 extra years wait because of it , Anthony Ellis ( AGE ) added over 1.5 years . Secondary market has picked up some already . just bought 2 Black Falcon ( Dave Hogkins ) trumpets and a tree yelper . KP. ( Kenny Pedelahore ) has shut down his list and Marlin Watkins only sells on EBay the very few he builds every year now .  so maybe some may be available on the secondary market I'm sure alot of people will not have the dedication to learn to play them .
I killed my first 3 turkeys with a Penn's woods yelper back in 1991 so its been a long journey for me . ive hunted almost exclusively with trumpets for the last 3 years  . 7 ol gobs thought it was good enough to get to close to my little ol . 410 to leave on their own legs ...!

Online EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2021, 07:46:23 AM »
Thank you for taking time to make this.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is learning to kee kee on a suction call 1st then reverse engineering everything else from there.

Sir, you have found the key!!!
The first note in the yelp is Kee. Learning to keep, control and hold it helps a lot, and will make you a better caller quicker, IMHO.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 09:12:07 AM »
Great video. Really like the retail and the simplistic expalnations,

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
Probably won’t be a big increase in usuage, but I bet you will see a lot more in photo opportunities.
:z-winnersmiley: