OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS. (Inv Plus)

Started by rtsj, May 23, 2011, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Yeah...I think ol' Charlie is just trying to cover his a$$ by recommending that hevi shot not be used in Kicks tubes.  I can see why Comp-n-Choke slot porting might not hold up when taken to the extremes, but the porting on Kicks tubes should be much sturdier.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Your more than likely going to get your best opitmum patterns with either a .670 or .675.  I used to shoot a Comp-n-Choke .675 in my Browning Gold 3.5 auto I had and it threw tremendous patterns.  I'm going to say that a Pure Gold .670 would be perfect.  That's just a hunch I have.  I know I tried a lot of choke diameters.  But I never tried the .670.  That's why I say to try it since it's only .005 tighter than the .675. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I agree try the Kicks out first.  That Kicks should work.  You can always pick up some other chokes later to try if you want.  I do know that Pure Gold makes one hell of a choke. 

TLT

Carlson ported .665 works as good as any and costs less. I have an Indian Creek .665 I aquired recently and it does not pattern any better than the Carlson at any range and costs more $ not that it matters if you are spending $30-$50 for hevi shells. I smashed 2 nice Kansas longbeards with lead this past season with my new super x 3. Of couse I have tagged many nice KS longbeards with my super x 2/Carlson also. Any of these chokes will shoot great patterns when using the smaller shot sizes. I have tried them all and maybe I am just partial to Carlson because they are made here in Kansas also. Use what you will I like Carlson. Not trying to stir it up just my 2 cents. Good luck to all

TLT

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on May 25, 2011, 07:18:37 PM
That pattern would deffinately wreck his day.

It wrecked this one's face this morning...:fud:.

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on May 27, 2011, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on May 25, 2011, 07:18:37 PM
That pattern would deffinately wreck his day.

It wrecked this one's face this morning...:fud:.

Awesome!! it kills me summer is knockin on our door here and you guys are still huntin up there. Was this with the vision call?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

WNY Bowhunter

Nope, he was picking around out in a field with 3 hens so I had to put the ole sneaky-sneak on him...;D.  The first time that I used that vision in the woods was last friday.  I called in 3 gobblers for my dad on stateland, he had a big longbeard spitting/drumming @ 25 yds but the foliage was too thick to get a shot.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."