turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FLORIDA 2021

Started by WW, February 22, 2021, 02:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

How bad is the hunting pressure on public land during the youth turkey season?

SD_smith

Quote from: tha bugman on February 24, 2021, 06:55:46 PM
How bad is the hunting pressure on public land during the youth turkey season?
Depends on the individual wma. If it's central or south Florida then the pressure is usually just as high as the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txag12

Ready for it! My dad and I are making the trip to swamp gobbler outfitters to hunt March 12-14. Don't know what to expect other then a lot of fun and good memories as I've never hunted Florida before, but we are pumped to hopefully tag our first Osceolas!

roberthyman14

Quote from: Txag12 on February 28, 2021, 04:14:15 PM
Ready for it! My dad and I are making the trip to swamp gobbler outfitters to hunt March 12-14. Don't know what to expect other then a lot of fun and good memories as I've never hunted Florida before, but we are pumped to hopefully tag our first Osceolas!
Bring snake boots, 2 thermacell, and sawyers

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcoach

You guys that will start next weekend and subsequent weekends in Florida, have FUN!  Great place to kick off the season!!  I've hunted there twice and LOVED every minute of it.  Those of you hunting Florida for the first time, take in the TOTAL experience.  The anticipation of being there, getting there by plane or driving, hunting with family or friends and the HUNTS need to be cherished and appreciated.  Killing a bird is just ICING.  Good Luck to All, Be SAFE and ENJOY EVERYTHING.  Out of State hunts are a BLAST!!! 

Wvdanimal

Thermocel and OFF are packed. I always take 3 or 4 knives because we shoot every hog we see and that sand in the hair really does a blade in quick.  I also take about as much fishing tackle as turkey gear. The pond on our place has moster bass!! Action all day long makes it hard to get time on the beach lol...

Smooth_Operator

For anyone in south Florida how wet has it been this year? Last year my time down there it was as dry as I've ever seen it, I was walking through bone dry cypress heads and encountered very little water. I'll be heading down Friday, good luck to everyone heading down!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

SD_smith

Quote from: Smooth_Operator on February 28, 2021, 09:22:34 PM
For anyone in south Florida how wet has it been this year? Last year my time down there it was as dry as I've ever seen it, I was walking through bone dry cypress heads and encountered very little water. I'll be heading down Friday, good luck to everyone heading down!

It's a wet year down here. Places that were bone dry last year are half way up your shin now. Time to break out the crocs!

Wvdanimal

Most years my place only has one main pond, this year it has 3.

AndyH

You and your father will have a great time. I've hunted with them multiple times. Lots of turkeys and a beautiful piece of property! After you tag out tell Charley and Ben to take you to get a King burger!

PalmettoRon

Leaving on the 19th for central Florida, south of Orlando. Good to hear it's wet again. It's been dry there the last 2 years which opens up a whole lot more of the cypress heads for the birds to hang out. With the water, at least the birds won't be nooning in those low spots although those birds are not averse to moving through water. Can't wait!!

Ross R

My son may have shot the first turkey of the 2021 season lol.  We had a bird come in right at flydown. He was down by 6:40.  He got his first bird saturday morning. I am super pumped to say the least. I will get a report with pics when I can get it together. 

Txag12

Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 28, 2021, 04:24:21 PM
Bring snake boots, 2 thermacell, and sawyers

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Have those packed! Being from texas, we are usually prepared for the snakes and mosquitoes lol

Txag12

Quote from: AndyH on March 01, 2021, 06:50:15 AM
You and your father will have a great time. I've hunted with them multiple times. Lots of turkeys and a beautiful piece of property! After you tag out tell Charley and Ben to take you to get a King burger!

I appreciate the heads up! We are plenty pumped! Been wanting to go for years