turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another Million $ Question

Started by guesswho, February 19, 2021, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctrize

Most guys say it's not about the killing, although in this case, it would be. But old tom doesn't know it's a million-dollar hunt and he doesn't care. So there is a chance I'm going home empty-handed. If I hunt with someone I hope I learn something,they are a good storyteller, and I would want to hunt with them again. Mine would be Dick Kirby

Yoder409

I'm taking my bestest turkey huntin' buddy in the world.

My daughter, Pickle.

Befor you say, "Oh......how sweet !! "    Girl knows how to kill turkeys.  She's the iciest person on the trigger with a bird in front of her as I've seen.  She knows set up.  And she's better on a box call than 95% of the "old guys" I've ever hunted with.  Her and I.........we kill birds.  And Dad let's her do as much of the work as she wants to.  And, at the end of the day.........if we DIDN'T punch a tag..........we had a GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

eggshell

I hope you don't mind I resized your photo of your daughter so it's more viewable

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

kytrkyhntr

My dad, turkey hunting to me is about enjoying the outdoors and spending time with my dad. However if not my dad I'd like to hunt with will primos, Dave owens, or mark drury.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

PalmettoRon

If his head has been cryogenically preserved, I would want to borrow Dwain Bland's brain for the hunt. He forgot more about turkey hunting and killing than most of us will even come close to knowing. To me he would be the turkey hunter equivalent of Thomas Jefferson, who JFK when addressing the Nobel Prize Winners at a dinner at the White house, said-"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone. Yep, I'd take Dwain Bland's brain--turkey killing machine.

guesswho

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 21, 2021, 08:38:00 AM

My daughter, Pickle.

Befor you say, "Oh......how sweet !! "    Girl knows how to kill turkeys.  She's the iciest person on the trigger with a bird in front of her as I've seen.  She knows set up.  And she's better on a box call than 95% of the "old guys" I've ever hunted with.  Her and I.........we kill birds.  And Dad let's her do as much of the work as she wants to.  And, at the end of the day.........if we DIDN'T punch a tag..........we had a GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!
Great choice Yoder.   She's already got the $1M dollar smile, and I'd bet chances are above average y'all leave with $1M dollars to boot!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Quote from: guesswho on February 21, 2021, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on February 21, 2021, 08:38:00 AM

My daughter, Pickle.

Great choice Yoder.   She's already got the $1M dollar smile, and I'd bet chances are above average y'all leave with $1M dollars to boot!

Thanks for the kind words !!!

Don't let the $1M smile fool ya.....    Bearded birds HATE this young woman.   ;D

Far as I know, she's got more beards and spurs under her belt than any of the boys in her sophomore class..........of 160 kids.......in a redneck, country school. 
PA elitist since 1979

guesswho

Trust me.  I learned a long time ago not to be fooled by the smile.   The best way to tell is to look at the eyes.   Her eyes say yeah, go ahead and take that last step, I dare you!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Cut N Run

I would say my best friend, E.P..  Even though we get together to hunt most Springs, when we hunt together, turkeys are gonna die.
Not sure how many grand slams and world slams he has, but it is more than a few.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.