turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkeys for Tomorrow?

Started by tjh24, February 18, 2021, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim K

I joined today. Thanks for the heads up on this organization.

Hobbes

I'll donate because I like their mission and I think they are a group of folks that love the wild turkey. I still took a somewhat critical look at the web page.

It looks like they have a good mission, but it doesn't really appear to be a membership but just a donating "partner". Maybe that's just semantics, but it's different than most orgs.  Maybe that's good.  Simple is good.

The group looks like a bunch of good guys but only because I spent years watching Primos videos.  I do like that it's started by hardcore turkey hunters but not really sure staring in outdoor video is a real qualification.  They are leaning too heavily on that in their resumes. It definitely doesn't hurt to bring it up but it got old reading that over and over. That could just be because I was already aware of that fact.

I like that some of the folks are "wildlife managers"  or "land managers" but a couple folks with wildlife biology, particularly turkey biology credentials would be good.

It looks like a great start so looking forward to more support for the wild turkey. 

Turkeytider

Quote from: Hobbes on March 02, 2021, 01:15:28 AM
I'll donate because I like their mission and I think they are a group of folks that love the wild turkey. I still took a somewhat critical look at the web page.

It looks like they have a good mission, but it doesn't really appear to be a membership but just a donating "partner". Maybe that's just semantics, but it's different than most orgs.  Maybe that's good.  Simple is good.

The group looks like a bunch of good guys but only because I spent years watching Primos videos.  I do like that it's started by hardcore turkey hunters but not really sure staring in outdoor video is a real qualification.  They are leaning too heavily on that in their resumes. It definitely doesn't hurt to bring it up but it got old reading that over and over. That could just be because I was already aware of that fact.

I like that some of the folks are "wildlife managers"  or "land managers" but a couple folks with wildlife biology, particularly turkey biology credentials would be good.

It looks like a great start so looking forward to more support for the wild turkey.

Wonder if Mike Chamberlain is involved with this group. That would be good IMO.

Hobbes

Quote from: Turkeytider on March 02, 2021, 08:40:09 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on March 02, 2021, 01:15:28 AM

Wonder if Mike Chamberlain is involved with this group. That would be good IMO.

Other than a Google search I'm not familiar with him.  He would be listed if he was a part of the board.

bigriverbum

i googled "turkeys for tomorrow" and they didn't even come up on the first page of search results. guess what was the 1st result? .....a nwtf site

i had to add "organization" to the end of the search to get their site to come up

is this something that's out of their control?

Hobbes

Quote from: bigriverbum on March 02, 2021, 09:34:55 AM
i googled "turkeys for tomorrow" and they didn't even come up on the first page of search results. guess what was the 1st result? .....a nwtf site

i had to add "organization" to the end of the search to get their site to come up

That's out of their control.  They are brand new and until the sight meets whatever algorithm Google uses for searches, they won't show up on top.

roberthyman14

Quote from: Hobbes on March 02, 2021, 10:34:36 AM
Quote from: bigriverbum on March 02, 2021, 09:34:55 AM

That's out of their control.  They are brand new and until the sight meets whatever algorithm Google uses for searches, they won't show up on top.
Thats is correct.  Plus nwtf probably pays a good bit to Google to pop up first. 

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

zombiewoof

Following them on FB and interested to see where it goes. Love their narrow focus defined in their name.