turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Loads Online Availability?

Started by BDeal, February 07, 2021, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Is anyone having any luck finding turkey loads online? I'm looking for Longbeard XR #6 2oz and #6 1 3/4 oz and cannot find any locally or online. Hopefully I can find at least one box of each prior to my first hunt in early May.

Thank you!

ElkTurkMan

Midway USA had some Hevi-13 in stock a couple of weeks ago.  You may want to try there and see if they have what you need.

rakkin6

Mack's Prairie Wing has Hevi shot and TSS. But Longbeard is out of stock.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

bbcoach

Walmart normally carries them.  They have started putting their Turkey stuff out but as of yesterday I saw ZERO Turkey ammo.  No Longbeards or Double XX loads, that are on their shelves every spring.  Their cupboards are bare except for a couple of boxes of dove loads.  This year, IMO, ALL ammo is going to be very hard to find.

3bailey3

I just got some of Hal Abbot's Super shots 9's off his site.

TonyTurk

:newmascot:c
Quote from: bbcoach on February 07, 2021, 01:16:08 PM
Walmart normally carries them.  They have started putting their Turkey stuff out but as of yesterday I saw ZERO Turkey ammo.  No Longbeards or Double XX loads, that are on their shelves every spring.  Their cupboards are bare except for a couple of boxes of dove loads.  This year, IMO, ALL ammo is going to be very hard to find.
This.  Some hunters may have to use a different brand/type of turkey load this year because their preferred load might be unavailable.  Better to have something to shoot, than nothing at all.

Gobbler428

I got several boxes of Longbeard XR's from Gander Mountain a few weeks ago.

rakkin6

If you don't have any luck let me know I have some Remington Nitro Turkeys and some Kent Turkey Diamond Shot. I would be willing to help you out with

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

I found some winchester long beards friday at one of our local gun stores , he's about 30 mile drive form my house and he had all the brands in stock of both 12 and 20 ga. and several boxes. But he was only letting people have one box per caliber.  I've got enough turkey ammo for lifetime ..LOL.. i turkey shop all year long. These people who wait the last minute to buy ammo , may be in trouble finding any this year.

Remington700

I haven't HS any issues finding turkey ammo. It is typically higher priced and that's what is easier to find. I ordered some 20 gauge longbeards about a month ago to be sure. Haven't had any trouble finding TSS either.

Gooserbat

I'm seeing it in stores I visit.  Maybe not as much as usual but it's out there.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cowboy

Quote from: bbcoach on February 07, 2021, 01:16:08 PM
Agreed. This is a terrible year for ammo. All kinds. I drive a truck for a living and was in KY the other day. Small Mom and Pop place had 4 boxes of Longbeards. But they were #4 shot so I didnt buy them.   

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 07, 2021, 04:22:30 PM
These people who wait the last minute to buy ammo , may be in trouble finding any this year.

x2
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

BDeal

I'm seeing some #4 and #5 shot but cant find any #6. I would be fine to get through the season but my 16 YO son is going to try turkey hunting for this first time and so I would like to get a couple of extra boxes for him to practice with.

bbcoach

Quote from: BDeal on February 08, 2021, 10:41:46 AM
I'm seeing some #4 and #5 shot but cant find any #6. I would be fine to get through the season but my 16 YO son is going to try turkey hunting for this first time and so I would like to get a couple of extra boxes for him to practice with.
Use dove loads to check POA/POI and practice with.  Grab a couple boxes of the 5's and let him shoot one or two at 40 yards for patterning purposes only.  This year, shells are going to be hard to come by.