OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New mossy oak pattern

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 02, 2021, 07:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

My personal opinion only, I don't see enough distinction between Obsession and this reboot of Shadow Leaf other than the original Bottomland base pattern is more apparent in SL which is a plus - between the two I'd go with the SL.

And my  :z-twocents: to my eye the new Obsession pattern released a year or two back is just much too really bright green, and appears the Shadow Leaf reboot is using the same much too bright green color palette. Need to see it in person for sure.

Back in the day when Shadow Leaf was first released I had an Elite vest with that pattern. Got rid of it for an Elite II in original Breakup. Got rid that as well. Should have kept them, the original MO patterned clothing is worth some coin on fleabay LOL.

Quote from: bigbird on February 02, 2021, 09:38:02 PM
Full foliage is still my favorite. I'm ready for them to reintroduce it!!

Forest Floor was my favorite. I have an original chamois long sleeve shirt with that pattern - back then the MO chamois fabric was thick and heavy, enough to cut the chill of the cold mornings, and easy to shed and stow later when it warmed a bit. Miss the old stuff, that shirt is worn daily for years during spring and fall seasons, still looks new.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Sir-diealot

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 03, 2021, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 03, 2021, 11:31:51 AM
Still a fan of original breakup myself, but this does not look to bad. I know I have come to like new Bottomland, was not a fan of the original at all.
I also am a fan of the break up and new bottomland. Like the obsession in early deer season and late turkey. But this is not a bad pattern. That shadow pattern they came out with was horrible.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Yes, hideous. Oh, I like the Obsession pattern myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captfire

AS LONG AS IT'S MOSSY IT'S GOOD TO GO!!!!!!

chipper

Quote from: Terry on February 02, 2021, 07:27:29 AM
I saw that. I just wish they'd bring back Forest Floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite! Wore forest floor pants and a bottomland shirt for years!

rakkin6

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

horsehands

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 02, 2021, 09:20:53 AM
Nomad might be a great product but I am not payig $90.00 for one pair of hunting uninsulated hunting pants and $60-70 for a shirt because of the name and an emblem. That is completely ridiculous in my opinion, not judging anyone that does it is their money and I am a capitalist. Just not for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I bought a pair of those $90 pants. Don't know if a turkey could see through them or not but I could.

tha bugman

Personally I think Mossy Oaks Country Pattern is amazing.  But I am and always will be a fan of the old bottomland patterns.