OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hell of a community

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 15, 2021, 06:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Not long ago on a post I read someone angry say something along the lines of, "That's why I hate these online forums. Blah. Blah. Blah." So just wanted to say in the last few weeks I've seen everyone in here offer support and condolences to a fellow member experiencing extreme, unfathomable loss. And I've seen another member offer up a free leafy suit for a kid, another member offer up free shotgun shells (amidst an ammo shortage that borders on crisis) to anyone in dire need of shells, and another member offer up a free pot call for anyone needing one or preferably for a kid hunter. All that to say, I appreciate the kindness and support I've seen in here particularly of late. In a world that seems to be more and more at each other's throats, the OG crew is continuing to be good to one another. Keep it up.

Won't be long before they're gobbling. Here's some hens come by the house today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Turkey hunters are a cut above the regular everyday folks

With that said some of the nicest folks youll ever meet are right here

I know fb , Twitter and the like run a literal monopoly on social media ...but OG just keeps chugging along !!!

Thanks for the kind words and hope you guys kill some nice ones this spring !!Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Greg Massey

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 15, 2021, 06:13:17 PM
Not long ago on a post I read someone angry say something along the lines of, "That's why I hate these online forums. Blah. Blah. Blah." So just wanted to say in the last few weeks I've seen everyone in here offer support and condolences to a fellow member experiencing extreme, unfathomable loss. And I've seen another member offer up a free leafy suit for a kid, another member offer up free shotgun shells (amidst an ammo shortage that borders on crisis) to anyone in dire need of shells, and another member offer up a free pot call for anyone needing one or preferably for a kid hunter. All that to say, I appreciate the kindness and support I've seen in here particularly of late. In a world that seems to be more and more at each other's throats, the OG crew is continuing to be good to one another. Keep it up.

Won't be long before they're gobbling. Here's some hens come by the house today.

X2 ..amen..

Boykin Hollow

Amen brother,  I was the one needing the prayers from my fellow hunters and boy did I receive them.  Never in a million years would I thought I would be on the receiving end.  This group of fellow hunters are absolutely a cut above.

MK M GOBL

You said it! There's always going to be a few but this site if far above others I'm on.

MK M GOBL

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 15, 2021, 06:13:17 PM

X10, well said my brother. I sure am proud to be a part of this great family. God bless and be safe......
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 15, 2021, 07:18:27 PM
Turkey hunters are a cut above the regular everyday folks

With that said some of the nicest folks youll ever meet are right here

I know fb , Twitter and the like run a literal monopoly on social media ...but OG just keeps chugging along !!!

Thanks for the kind words and hope you guys kill some nice ones this spring !!Shannon

We owe it all to you Shannon. Thanks for everything you do for all of us. Be safe, best of luck this spring.....
"Solo hunter"

TonyTurk

The folks here are salt of the earth, IMO.

The only bad part about this place is the constant temptation to spend more $$ on calls!

Happy

Yup. Some great guys here. Be forewarned though that its about to get crazy with the part timers and pot stirrers getting ready to show up. That and it seems most get a little antsy as turkey season approaches. It is amusing though. Reminds me of a lot of young bucks as the rut approaches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bbcoach

Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2021, 08:57:31 AM
Yup. Some great guys here. Be forewarned though that its about to get crazy with the part timers and pot stirrers getting ready to show up. That and it seems most get a little antsy as turkey season approaches. It is amusing though. Reminds me of a lot of young bucks as the rut approaches.

SO TRUE HAPPY!  Between now and the first of April, we definitely get the Know it ALLS, Stirrers, Shut ins and One Timers that are obnoxious and don't want to Follow Shannon's Rules.  Just remind them, this is a FAMILY Oriented forum, and they need to Act accordingly.  GREAT FAMILY HERE IMO!!!  Thanks Again Shannon for a WONDERFUL and WELL RUN forum!!!!

eggshell

I would agree wholeheartedly in the outstanding character and "Characters " on here. I have only had serious contention with one member and all the rest I consider very fine sportsmen. Of course we disagree and get a little passionate about our feelings and beliefs, but I don't believe anyone wishes any harm towards anyone. It is a whole lot like a family, it's not unusual to have a "family feud", but if you mess with my family I'm coming to see ya. I truly believe there are many on here who, if needed, would show up on your doorstep to help you out.

This forum and one fishing forum are the only ones I continued to log into. I have made good personal friends on both and never regretted being a member.

I do belong to a trade forum  that is a real asset, but it's for professionals and business, so kind of different. 

guesswho

Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2021, 08:57:31 AMBe forewarned though that its about to get crazy with the part timers and pot stirrers getting ready to show up.
Yep, getting about time for that Goobernut guy to show up.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

A great bunch here for sure. When I first showed up I never thought I could afford some of the calls I saw here and had made that statement, several people sent me calls or other turkey related items and would not even take money for shipping for them. Well as it turns out as I stuck around I found out I could get some items and some people took a chance on me by letting me make payments to them so that I could get calls. To be honest it made me feel guilty after I found out I was wrong and I could afford some, so now I do the same for others as they did for me, I also started to buy the patches to support the site and started to do giveaways because to be honest I do still feel guilty about all that people gave to me and I want to give back to all those that were so kind to me. I was not able to do the Veterans Day giveaway this year because some money was taken out of my house that was not mine and I had to pay it back but I am looking forward to doing it again this year as well as something this Spring though I do not know what yet. I also have to say these gentleman were instrumental in me getting my first turkey 2 seasons ago and I will forever be grateful to each of them that offered up a word of advise, suggested I needed to change my calling cadence on a pot call, showed me different ways to play a hen box and so on. Glad to know some of them off site as well and thankful to Shannon for making such a great place to congregate and fellowship one with another.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 16, 2021, 04:21:05 PM
A great bunch here for sure. When I first showed up I never thought I could afford some of the calls I saw here and had made that statement, several people sent me calls or other turkey related items and would not even take money for shipping for them. Well as it turns out as I stuck around I found out I could get some items and some people took a chance on me by letting me make payments to them so that I could get calls. To be honest it made me feel guilty after I found out I was wrong and I could afford some, so now I do the same for others as they did for me, I also started to buy the patches to support the site and started to do giveaways because to be honest I do still feel guilty about all that people gave to me and I want to give back to all those that were so kind to me. I was not able to do the Veterans Day giveaway this year because some money was taken out of my house that was not mine and I had to pay it back but I am looking forward to doing it again this year as well as something this Spring though I do not know what yet. I also have to say these gentleman were instrumental in me getting my first turkey 2 seasons ago and I will forever be grateful to each of them that offered up a word of advise, suggested I needed to change my calling cadence on a pot call, showed me different ways to play a hen box and so on. Glad to know some of them off site as well and thankful to Shannon for making such a great place to congregate and fellowship one with another.

We are all glad you stuck in there Steve. I have to thank you for helping me out when I joined this great forum.  You made me feel welcome. Don't feel guilty about anything, you always reach out to help people on this forum. Be safe my friend....
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on January 16, 2021, 12:11:41 PM
Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2021, 08:57:31 AMBe forewarned though that its about to get crazy with the part timers and pot stirrers getting ready to show up.
Yep, getting about time for that Goobernut guy to show up.

I thought he got banned a long time ago!  Talk about a pot stirrer.  Then again, there are a couple of other guys on here that are just as bad.  I won't name any names but I think everybody can probably guess who...   :toothy12: