OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

tactacam

Started by reflexl, January 12, 2021, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Quote from: reflexl on January 13, 2021, 09:07:56 AM
I guess this brings up another question. What are you gents using for your main camera? I am thinking of getting a new one. I had no idea that there are as many options out there. It used to be simple. The hard part for me is to set a budget. I would be inclined to spend to much if it's what I want when there are much cheaper options that would work just fine.

I have a Canon Vixia HF G20 and a bunch of accessories to go with it, just don't forget to budget for those... Mic(s), High Quality Media Cards, Lens Protector, Screen Cover, Camo Kit, Extra Battery(s), Charger, Case, Tripod etc...

Mine is several years old and sure thing have been updated since (Buddy has same in G40) and now G60's are out.

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

My 4.0 Tactacam links up to my smart phone with Tactacam App and I can see video as it happens, nice so I can make sure it's on and what I'm recording. I have a Gorilla Pod to hold the phone, I also have some control over the camera for recording start/stop and zoom. I think the 5.0 may do more.

MK M GOBL

GobbleNut

Nice set-up with the main camera.   Good info to know on the Tactacam app.  ...Very helpful.   :icon_thumright:

Turkeyman

I bought a 4.0 prior to the 5.0 coming out several months later. I wasn't satisfied with, particularly, the zoom level. I was able to send it back, then bought a 5.0 from the same vendor later. I like it's zoom. I didn't want the gun mount because, if I want some video, I want more than just the shot and can't see moving and waving my gun around to get pre-shot footage. I made my own cap mount which, I think, is superior to that made by Tactacam. I would agree with others that the video quality is not as good as professional cameras but, for me, it's sufficient.