OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 .410 with Trulock .385

Started by Jordan121787, January 28, 2022, 03:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan121787

Shot the Trulock .385 today
40 yards
Apex # 9s (not ninjas)

Wasn't really impressed.
I think the stock choke shot a little better

The second picture is
Stock choke
40 yards
Apex # 9 Turkey ninjas

Greg Massey

Blue Collar Outdoors on Youtube posted video shooting the Trulock 385 with Wilson 10 TSS yesterday at 40 yards, it was a wider pattern, but it was still a killing pattern. But was usually pattern.. if you haven't seen the video check it out ... I agree with you on the stock choke ...

turkeymanjim

My stevens 410  shot best with stock choke 390 diameter with federal tss #9 shot.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

Mine was best with factory choke and apex 9.5

g8rvet

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 28, 2022, 04:04:34 PM
Blue Collar Outdoors on Youtube posted video shooting the Trulock 385 with Wilson 10 TSS yesterday at 40 yards, it was a wider pattern, but it was still a killing pattern. But was usually pattern.. if you haven't seen the video check it out ... I agree with you on the stock choke ...
Unless I missed the Trulock video, I believe it was Indian Creek 385
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

owlhoot

Quote from: g8rvet on January 29, 2022, 08:05:59 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 28, 2022, 04:04:34 PM
Unless I missed the Trulock video, I believe it was Indian Creek 385

Believe they tested both .

Vintage

Stock choke shoots great from my Stevens 410

btodd00

I haven't tried any other chokes than the factory because it shoots pretty well but I have heard really good things about the Indian creek

Turkeyfever

The stock choke and Federal TSS#9 shoots great out of the 410 and the 20 gauge. I have both and they are great little guns! The 410 is an awesome little shooter.

RED NECK

Id use the stock choke from those pictures. I hope mine shoots that good.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Turkeystudent

My factory choke shot fair with the federal 9's and factory choke. I also ran Ninja 9.5's through it and it was fair as well. Tried Nitro custom Ammo with their choke and things improved greatly. Mine liked the Nitro choke and the Nitro 9x10 load the best. Apex ninja 9.5's shot pretty good but the 9x10's were better. They gave me 190 in 10" at 40 yards vs the Ninja's 170 at 40 yards. Every gun is definitely different.

cassga

I have had best results with the stock choke and federal TSS #9's. They consistently pattern better than the Apex Ninja #9.5's for me.

Vintage