OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Texas Deer Hunt

Started by Yelper, November 20, 2020, 04:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Awesome buck. Huge congrats!

Stingray

Being a rifle fanatic , I'd like to know about the one in the pic , thanks

kyturkeyhunter4

Yelper

Quote from: Stingray on December 27, 2020, 06:25:21 PM
Being a rifle fanatic , I'd like to know about the one in the pic , thanks

It is a Win 270 built by Pierce eng in Lansing, MI. Pierce action, HS precision stock, Shilen barrel and a trigger tech trigger. Been using it for about 5 years now.

gobblerchsr

Congratulations Yelper! I am from the Lansing MI area....had not heard of Pierce. Will have to look them up. My son lives in Austin so hoping to do some Texas turkey hunting some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yelper

Quote from: gobblerchsr on December 28, 2020, 02:10:22 PM
Congratulations Yelper! I am from the Lansing MI area....had not heard of Pierce. Will have to look them up. My son lives in Austin so hoping to do some Texas turkey hunting some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are on North Grand River Ave,  North side of Lansing west of the airport. I lived in Lansing for a few years while I was in the Navy. I was the officer recruiter for MSU and all the surrounding colleges from 1997-2000. I still hunt turkey there every year just south of Mason, Mi.

gobblerchsr

Very cool....I work at MSU and lived in Holt for 29 years but now moved west to Grand Ledge. I maybe hunting north of Mason this year. Thanks for the info on Pierce!

UNICOI GOLD

Quote from: Yelper on November 20, 2020, 04:50:51 PM
Went out to the property I hunt turkey on and did a little deer hunting a week ago and took this nice 9 pt. I really enjoy hunting in Texas!! :camohat:

What county are you hunting?  Nice buck, congrats!