OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rivers West Rain Gear?

Started by MKMGOBL, May 19, 2011, 09:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKMGOBL

With all the rain we're having, I'm finally breaking down on a decent set of rain gear. I'm sick & tired of buying this stuff that's treated & only works great for one or two season. Not to mention they're really only good if you're out in a drizzle :(

I checked out Rivers West gear at a local shop & decided to buy on-line so my order is in. I went with the Spider jacket & Outlaw pants in the MO Treestand camo. I'm just wondering if anyone has these two pieces & how they like them for turkey hunting.

I know it's a little late seeing I already ordered them but I didn't get them yet so a return is not out of the equation ;D I really like the vents in both the jacket & pants if I was out turkey hunting & heated up in it. Also their warranty on all their gear is incredible! So does anyone own Rivers West?

http://riverswest.com/spider_jacket.html

http://riverswest.com/outlaw_pant.html
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

chcltlabz

I love my Rivers West, and until someone comes up with something new and better, its all the raingear I'll own.

Its the only thing besides the old rubber pickle suits that's truely water PROOF.  The vents are a very nice feature, because they don't breath and you will get hot in them, but you'll stay dry.

Real bonus it is is super quiet too.  No more crinkley gore tex, and it doesn't tear either.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Spring_Woods

I have some. It works okay, but you'll sweat to death in warm temps.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

rempumpman

I have both pieces and they can't be beat EXCEPT in warm weather, you won't be able to stand the heat; I use mine only in winter but now only wear half the clothes I use to; don't use them to walk to your stand or walk around in the woods; put them on after you arrive; will keep you dry in a down pour for sure; hope you enjoy....................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.