turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth call gobbling

Started by bowmike, May 07, 2015, 02:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

I am not great at this but it was the only reason I bagged my gobbler this morning. He was henned up and I called his hen in twice but he would not come in. I figured that if I gobbled he would come in. THe hen was too close so the gobble tube was a no go.

I have been playing around with how to make a decent sounding gobble with my mouth call. There are a few ways to do it and many can be found on youtube.

I simply do a very loud high pressure yelp but wiggle my hand in front of my mouth a bit. It sounds goofy to us but my longbeard from this morning heard that, double gobbled and came right in spitting and drumming.

TRG3

Congratulations on getting the tom to bite on your calling and being willing to try to gobble him in with the hen so close. It's these types of situations that make turkey hunting anything but predictable.

MEbeardlover

I also gobble on a mouth call. However, I move the call back a little and then say something like "chicka chicka chockaw chockaw chockaw" while cupping my hand over my mouth and varying how much i cover my mouth. A double cut works good.

Yesterday I had five birds moving away from my set up when I did some loud gobbler yelps on my glass pot call followed by some aggressive gobbling. Five minutes later I had my first bow kill turkey.