turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

benelli supernova with ic bds .665

Started by gobblesmasher, March 04, 2014, 01:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblesmasher

Hello everyone! This is my first post,  and was hoping you guys could help me. So here it is, I recently bought a benelli supernova with the 26 in barrel. I also bought an Ic bds .665 , I was wondering what would be a good lead load and shot size for this setup? Or maybe a better choke/shell combo, I plan on just shooting lead this season.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  :)

R AJ

Winchester Supreme XX 3-1 3/4-#6; 3-2-#6, and new Win Longbeard XR in 3-1 3/4-#6. If #5 shot work best for you then try the same shells listed above. Another load is the 3-1 7/8-6 by Winchester that is commonly referred to as the gray box. Shoot at a large sheet of paper when patterning these loads. One or more of these should put you in business. I did not catch the SUPER nova until later so the 3.5" - 2-X or 3.5"-2 1/4-X
if you want the recoil and extra shot.

Another very good shell is the Turkey Thug sold only at Wal-Mart . They are all loaded the same with choice of #4-#6 shot in 3" and 3.5".

Do not use the Federal Flite Control wads in this choke as per Indian Creek disclaimer. It is also good to check on the Win LB loads while you are at it as Sumtoy suggested.

SumToy

The best lead load out is the Winchester Long Beard.  NOW I CAN NOT SAY TO SHOOT IT IN THE IC CHOKE.  YOU CAN CALL THEM AND ASK IF IT IS OK TO DO THAT.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobblesmasher

Thank you guys!  I have always shot the win. supremes out of an 870 I had and had good luck. but I wasn't sure how the benelli would do, since i've heard they like a tighter constriction. Plan on trying some of the longbeards in 5's or.6's