turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Older Winchester #6s

Started by SCDieselDawg, April 08, 2013, 11:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

My Grandpa gave me several boxes of 3.5" shells the other day. It was a mixed assortment of Federal and Winchester. I decided to try the Winchester #6s today since I was gonna try some lead in my 870sm anyway. I ran 3 different chokes and ran the bore snake between shots. I'm gonna stick with the Jelly Head since it can double duty with the Hevi-6s I carry for other guns.
.655 Kicks GT= 130
.660 JH= 124
.665 Kicks GT= 114

All at a lasered 40yds in a 10" circle.

VAarrowslinger

very good pattern. Winchester still makes these red hull XX shells if you plan to buy more. They are now in a black supreme xx box.

surehuntsalot

some of the best there ever was or will be
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SCDieselDawg

:
Quote from: VAarrowslinger on April 08, 2013, 12:32:20 PM
very good pattern. Winchester still makes these red hull XX shells if you plan to buy more. They are now in a black supreme xx box.

May have to try to find a box or two. They did pretty good out of my finicky gun.

Gooserbat

I keep a box of these and the 3" on hand when I'm guiding just because someone always needs a shell or two and these seem to shoot good out of about everything I've seen so far.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.