turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just picked up a couple boxes of the 3in 5's Turkey Thugs

Started by buck_hunter21, April 05, 2013, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck_hunter21

Has anyone patterned any of these? What do you think about them? I searched the pattern thread and only found one thread of these being shot, just wondering how they are holding up. I was hoping to find a box of the 6's but after searching for over month I finally found the Thugs in stock and bought what they had.....sure hope they live up to the hype!!!
Spill Blood

Philippe

They shoot great for 5's, prepare yourself for a beating! They pack a wallop!

darn2ten

I like them pretty good. I've got 2 guns that they consistently shoot in the low teens to upper 120's. The thing I like most about the thug shells is they are more consistant across the board in 3 and 3.5", #5 and #6 than most of the other brands I have tested this year.

Remington SPR 453 (Baikal), Sumtoy .660, Fed. turkey thug 3-1 7/8-5

Browning A-5, truglo ssx .643, Fed. turkey thug 3-1 7/8-5

Browning A-5, kicks GT .680, Fed. 3-1 7/8-5 = 122 in the 10" @ 40

buck_hunter21

If I get anything above 110 I will be VERY pleased with that for 5's. Supposed to be upper 60s here tomorrow so I plan testing them out. Hope the mule kick isn't too harsh!!!
Spill Blood

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I patterned some 3" 6's, and they were great.  If I wasn't unemployed at the moment, I'd try the 5's too.  They are a good buy.  Some guys have gotten crazy good numbers with the 5's.

Onpoint

That's what im huntin with. I love em. I'm gettin between 100-110 all day long. Not impressive compared to some of the patterns I've seen on this forum but a dead bird all day long.

buck_hunter21

I just got done shooting them. I did not count pellets yet, but the thing that caught my eye immediately was consistently of an even pattern. There were no holes in the pattern anywhere. I believe I'm carrying a few of these in the woods this year.
Spill Blood

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteBrowning A-5, kicks GT .680, Fed. 3-1 7/8-5 = 122 in the 10" @ 40

That's a very even 10" pattern.  Nice and even.  If the 20" circle was like that too, then forget all other shells.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase