OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pick just one fantasy poll

Started by Happy hooker, May 28, 2019, 03:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

Just for fun "what if" fantasy poll
Platz pots and Darin Dawkins dbl checkerd boxes are bringing $350-400 prices on the net

So if you could choose one to just have  with no cash spent say inherited which one would YOU take?

One Platz pot and striker in any surface you choose slate,dbl glass,slate over glass,double sided,etc
Or
Darin Dawkins double checkered short box in any wood combo
Both calls in excellent like new condition.

Platz or Dawkins dbl checkered box.

Sir-diealot

Dawkins dbl checkered box, like box calls quite a bit, just can't afford the good ones at this time. I also don't think the Platz pots sound any better than some of the makers here have made and in many cases I think the makers here make better sounding calls. That said my experience with Platz pots has just been listening to sound files and Youtube videos. Also the Platz pots that I have seen have been in plastic/acrylic/corian type pots and I prefer wood calls. I have also never heard a Dawkins box call before, just like wood calls is all.
Edit: Thanks to    MDTOM84 for pointing out I was mistaken, Platz only makes wood calls, I don't know how I made that mistake. Thank you for being polite in correcting me and not being a jerk about it MDTOM84
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

davisd9

Out of the the two Dawkins without a doubt.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MDTOM84

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 28, 2019, 03:33:02 PM
Dawkins dbl checkered box, like box calls quite a bit, just can't afford the good ones at this time. I also don't think the Platz pots sound any better than some of the makers here have made and in many cases I think the makers here make better sounding calls. That said my experience with Platz pots has just been listening to sound files and Youtube videos. Also the Platz pots that I have seen have been in plastic/acrylic/corian type pots and I prefer wood calls. I have also never heard a Dawkins box call before, just like wood calls is all.
you have never seen a Platz made out of plastic/acrylic/Corian. You have something mixed up. Platz only makes wood pots.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 28, 2019, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 28, 2019, 03:33:02 PM
you have never seen a Platz made out of plastic/acrylic/Corian. You have something mixed up. Platz only makes wood pots.
I must indeed. Have heard them though on Youtube and stand by the rest of what I said though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HookedonHooks

I would have Paul do a custom two sider with top side aluminum/backside slate as opposed to his topside glass. Yeah I get it, he won the DD with it, I know, I was there, I played the call. I just feel a two sided aluminum call is the absolute peak of versatility in a pot.

My proficiency with a pot is definitely far greater than that of a box as well so that would be my main deciding factor. Been running boxes a lot this spring though, so I could see my answer being different come next year after countless hours of practice in the offseason.

MDTOM84

For me it would be a Platz glass over slate in Osage or zebrawood with a Lyman green dymondwood striker

BigSlam51

Platz pistachio aluminum double sider, green slate on the bottom

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yelpy

Dawkins box.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Platz 2 sider , mulberry pot glass with green slate on back.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jimmyj

TauntoHawk

Dawkins and I wouldn't think about it twice

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SwampRooster17

Dawkins box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: BigSlam51 on May 28, 2019, 06:01:16 PM
Platz pistachio aluminum double sider, green slate on the bottom

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Oh man, if that existed it'd have to be banned and put in the category of live decoys, or electronic callers!

Double sided aluminums are BAD to the bone.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.