turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitrex scopes

Started by pcgobbler, February 27, 2011, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcgobbler

Anybody got one of these.  They're made by Weaver and Natchez has some at killer prices.  $500 scope for about $180 after the rebate.  Thinkin'  of trying one for the old muzzleloader.  Always had Leupold or Swarovskis but with the wife not working now times are a little tight.  Any input would be appreciated.

turkey_slayer

From my understanding they are made in Japan from of the same line as the weaver grand slam and I believe the bushnell 4200 so they are probably going to be close in the quality and the 4200 has a rep for being the top in its price range.  I have a 4200 with a couple thousand rounds on a smokeless muzzleloader and it has held up really well and never lost POI. I have looked through a nitrex and it was clear and bright. The EBX reticle is laser etched instead of a wire so thats a plus!

NWBama

Have you looked into Meopta? They make lens for Swar and Zeiss.

AR_gobblergetter

Im fixin to order one myself for my prohunter .280 think In getting the 6.5x20x50, they are suppose to be good quality scopes great glass,

shootumindaface

I have been intrigued by these as well

pcgobbler

Thanks for the input guys.  Thinkin of going with a 2.5-10x50.  After the rebate it's like $160.  For the ol' Savage smokepole it should do just fine.  Anyone know what the advantage of having glass etched instead of wires is?  Just curious.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: pcgobbler on February 28, 2011, 09:47:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys.  Thinkin of going with a 2.5-10x50.  After the rebate it's like $160.  For the ol' Savage smokepole it should do just fine.  Anyone know what the advantage of having glass etched instead of wires is?  Just curious.

Wire reticles can break where as etched want. They are just more reliable.  Heres some companies that use etched reticles.  I know there on the low end though  ;D Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Swarovski PH in the TDS reticle and Barrett 50. cal scope, Nightforce, Leupold Mark 4, US OPTICS, Unertl.   

WyoHunter

These are good scopes that have had very good performance reports in different gun magazines. Sounds like a heck of a deal IMO.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!