turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poison Ivy

Started by Solid Snake, April 27, 2012, 06:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtmchunter

I recommend the shots.  Supposedly you can only get but so many of the shots, but they really help once you've caught it.  About once or twice a year I get it so bad I have to go to the doctor.  Last time was in the fall after hanging a treestand in a tree with vines all over it. I had it up both arms, neck, face.  It's rough when it gets to the places you mentioned.  I've tried the Tecnu.  It helps some.

I just can't avoid it.  I like to hunt, fish, etc, and the poison is out there.

The prednisone pills are OK.  They work just as well as the shot.  It's just that you have to take them for weeks weaning off of it.

sself

Zanfel is the best product i've tried. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Solid Snake

Thanks guys! The rash doesn't seem too bad yet so I'm going to give the Zanfel a try. It says on their website it can go on your face and genitals so I'm covered hahaha

runngun

Shaw it will work, I am very allergic to poison ivy, poison oak and sumac. My ears will swell up, I look like Mickey Mouse LOL!!!
I keep ZANFEL with me even if I go out of state hunting. It is a little expensive but it is worth it!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

AndyH

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I have never had it.

Solid Snake

Dang you guys weren't kidding.....$45 for 1 ounce!!

runngun

It will last a long time Shaw cause it only takes a little at a time.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

tomstopper

Quote from: Shaw24 on April 27, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
Priceless as long as it works.

Solid Snake

Quote from: tomstopper on April 27, 2012, 11:53:44 PM
Quote from: Shaw24 on April 27, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
Priceless as long as it works.

Picking some up today - I'm over it!! Wife said she has a 25% off CVS coupon so that helps some! CVS also has a clone product of Zanfel sitting right next to it....anyone use it or should I stick with the original?

Again, thanks  :you_rock:

30_06

Jewel weed soap. Works every time.

Crappiepro

WOW!! I guess I'm lucky! I got it one time when I was a kid really bad. I had it everywhere and it was headed to my lungs. I had it in my mouth and everything tasted salty for a month after from the blistering. I had to take shots/pills for awhile LOL. Since then I've never got it again. My mom and dad said you'll never get it again because of having it that bad. I guss they were right.
Good luck to those of you that have to fight it, it sucks

Tail Feathers

Zanfel was a miracle drug at first.  It seemed to get less effective as time passed for me.  But I haven't tried it in a while.

Thought I was the only who got it on his Johnson from the gloves...

I GOT to remember to take 'em off to pee now! :help: :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!