turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Factory triggers

Started by Bucktweet, May 02, 2024, 10:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktweet

I bought a Winchester SXP Longbeard 20 ga a couple of years ago and the trigger was about 9 lbs.  Cost me $80 to get it right.  I decided that I don't want a pump anymore for turkey hunting so I bought a Retay gordion Turkey 20 Ga.  The trigger is set at 8.75 lbs.  This one's going to cost me $100.  Why?  Why are these companies setting these guns up with horrible triggers?  NOBODY wants a damn 9 lb trigger

turkeymanjim

Liability

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Bucktweet

I get the liability issue but 8-9 lbs? That's ridiculous.  Most manufacturers send them out at 5ish lbs from what I've seen.  I could deal with that

Lcmacd 58

Liability and ease of manufacturing
Its not like the 80's when manufacturing was to suit the customer.  Its easier to build a 9 pound trigger.

Ihuntoldschool

You won't even notice it in the field.  You'll feel every pound when you're patterning but in the field just PULL that trigger. You won't have time to squeeze and squeeze like you do patterning.

Lcmacd 58

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on May 03, 2024, 04:25:52 AMYou won't even notice it in the field.  You'll feel every pound when you're patterning but in the field just PULL that trigger. You won't have time to squeeze and squeeze like you do patterning.

I totally agree....but thats my opinion
Probably don't need custom chokes but I have several as do a lot of us.