turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H&R Pardner

Started by Trevor2, March 02, 2012, 10:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Looking at getting one of these from Gander Mtn for 229? Is this a good price/good gun and also how easily can one find chokes or it? Thanks for any info guys.
Strutstopper

knightrider

i gave 179 for mine from the wally mart,black 20 ga,put in a tightwad choke and done a rattle can paint job onit,i polished the barrel and im getting 140's at 40 with heavi 6.and they take the standerd invector/mossberg chokes. :OGturkeyhead:

surehuntsalot

I was looking hard at getting one of these in a 20ga,but they weight more than a boat anchor,they weight the same as the 12ga which is heavy
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 04, 2012, 08:52:26 PM
I was looking hard at getting one of these in a 20ga,but they weight more than a boat anchor,they weight the same as the 12ga which is heavy
that is true but with the extra weight it has virtually no kick with the hevi 6's, which is just what my wife needed :jesus-cross:

Trevor2

What choke you shooting knight?
Strutstopper

knightrider

wisconsinteacher

My dad has one with a Tigth Wad and with H-13 #7 gets 140 in 10" at 40 yards.  I like it.

Trevor2

Thanks guys. Putting my order in tommorrow.
Strutstopper

surehuntsalot

I see one in my future
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Trevor2

What other shells would y'all reccomend bc with the recent pricehike on hevi I won't be buying them unless academy hasn't went up yet.
Strutstopper

knightrider

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 09, 2012, 08:19:08 AM
What other shells would y'all reccomend bc with the recent pricehike on hevi I won't be buying them unless academy hasn't went up yet.
i bought 6 boxes of hevi 6 at academy in west knoxville for 11.99 a box last week :fud: :funnyturkey:

Philippe

Quote from: knightrider on March 09, 2012, 05:28:11 PM
i bought 6 boxes of hevi 6 at academy in west knoxville for 11.99 a box last week :fud: :funnyturkey:

I was gettin mine for 11.89 till about 3 weeks ago, they all of a sudden went up to 19.99 lol. Sucks that you can't order ammo online from Academy.

Trevor2

Quote from: knightrider on March 09, 2012, 05:28:11 PM
O so you had to be that guy lmao They were completely out of 6s yesterday as was gander mtn. No one in knox had a tightwad choke or a choke to fit it except for gander mtn had a undertaker that was for this gun but it was messed up from factory and would not thread into the barrel. Only one they had so Im awaiting my choke to pattern this gun. Thanks for the tips and advice on this gun. Got less then 300 in the whole set up including shells and all cant beat that at all.
Strutstopper

knightrider

i ordered my tightwad from jays sporting goods.com for 21 dollars

Trevor2

Thanks knight, just ordered it.
Strutstopper