turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Welcome back!

Started by davisd9, January 17, 2014, 10:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Hey guys, my name is Drew Able and I am in college at Mississippi State. I am from Alabama, but we have a farm in southern TN, so I usually hunt Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and will try to add in a few other states. Hopefully I'm going for my Grandslam this spring, but the state of Florida all gives me fits when trying to plan a hunt!

I own a call company named Foot on DA Head game calls. I make and sell turkey calls. I make all the mouth calls!

This is my third spring to be a spur collector hopefully we will be able to bring home bragging rights this time!!

Let me know if I can do anything for you!
-Drew Able
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

WV Ridge Reaper

Pretty neat to be on the team with you!!!

I was checking your mouth calls out a little while ago..Can you make them on a small frame ?

Sent from West By God Virginia.

turkeykiller22

Hey WV Ridge Reaper,

Yes I sure can! All my calls are made with small frames. If you don't see a call your looking for let me know. Or if you want to call and talk just give me a shout! If for some reason i do not answer be sure to leave me a message! Ohh and I'm fixing to update the site and add a few calls! Should be done in an hour!

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Bustabeak

Welcome to the team! Glad to be back on the spur collectors again! I'm josh and I live in Georgia. About 30 minutes west of Atlanta. Hopefully I'll be able to put a few good birds doe for is this year. I'm excited about this year! I'll be hunting mostly in Georgia with a chance of hunting Alabama. Again, glad to have you new members on the team!

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on January 20, 2014, 05:39:09 PM
Hey WV Ridge Reaper,

Yes I sure can! All my calls are made with small frames. If you don't see a call your looking for let me know. Or if you want to call and talk just give me a shout! If for some reason i do not answer be sure to leave me a message! Ohh and I'm fixing to update the site and add a few calls! Should be done in an hour!

Drew

Drew

I'll give ya a call sometime,maybe this week.I need some help on mouth calls..I'm more of a pot guy,so I'm pretty lost on what calls to get the right sounds.

Quote from: Bustabeak on January 20, 2014, 05:41:14 PM
Welcome to the team! Glad to be back on the spur collectors again! I'm josh and I live in Georgia. About 30 minutes west of Atlanta. Hopefully I'll be able to put a few good birds doe for is this year. I'm excited about this year! I'll be hunting mostly in Georgia with a chance of hunting Alabama. Again, glad to have you new members on the team!

Josh

Are you the guy that has all the you tube videos on you tube showing how to run the Haint ?

Pretty sure you are,I seen some pics you posted last year of a bird you killed...I noticed you like the bottomland pattern as well..I think would look good hunting together lol.

I'm always on the look out for Under Armour in Bottomland.

I'd also like to get your number sometime so I can send you some videos f me running the Haint and see what you think.

Bustabeak

Josh

Are you the guy that has all the you tube videos on you tube showing how to run the Haint ?

Pretty sure you are,I seen some pics you posted last year of a bird you killed...I noticed you like the bottomland pattern as well..I think would look good hunting together lol.

I'm always on the look out for Under Armour in Bottomland.

I'd also like to get your number sometime so I can send you some videos f me running the Haint and see what you think.

[/quote]

Yessir! I've got some videos on YouTube. My YouTube account is www.youtube.com/joshsmallwood1

I'd be glad to try and help you out. I wouldn't go in the woods without one now. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I've had a lot of success with it. Last 4 out of 5 birds I've called in have died using the Haint.

I pretty much wear bottomland all year long! Deer, turkey, ducks, it's my favorite pattern. I even bit the bullet and bought a new shotgun last year just because it was bottomland. Here is a picture of it leaned up against a tree and the barrel blends right in! My buddies max-4 sticks out but the bottomland seems to be a bit more dull and I like that.

C J Stahly

Hello Folks.  Finally getting on here.  Been busy. 

My name is Chris Stahly.  I have been a turkey addict for about 4 years now.  lol.  I live in Sumter, SC; however, when I am done with my training at FLETC I will be moving on to the next location (TBD).  With that said my season starts 1 April and runs to 1 May.  I wont get to hunt until the first full weekend, when if all goes well I will be sittin a few trees over from Donald. 

In addition two of my friends and I have started doing a little filming.  Nothing crazy just a few guys who wanted to add a little challenge to our hunts. One day I hope I can hit it big time and when I retire from Active Duty (in many years) I can spend my time doing what I love as my job. 

Looking forward to all our success and shortcoming this year as a team (most of the short comings will be on my end).  Though, last year, I became a much better hunter, I have only closed on 1 bird since I have been hunting.  (spend a lot of my time getting other folks on birds). 

Take care, hunt hard, but most importantly hunt safe.

JVA54

Good luck this year C J!!

davisd9

Quote from: C J Stahly on February 10, 2014, 06:11:18 PM
Hello Folks.  Finally getting on here.  Been busy. 

My name is Chris Stahly.  I have been a turkey addict for about 4 years now.  lol.  I live in Sumter, SC; however, when I am done with my training at FLETC I will be moving on to the next location (TBD).  With that said my season starts 1 April and runs to 1 May.  I wont get to hunt until the first full weekend, when if all goes well I will be sittin a few trees over from Donald. 

In addition two of my friends and I have started doing a little filming.  Nothing crazy just a few guys who wanted to add a little challenge to our hunts. One day I hope I can hit it big time and when I retire from Active Duty (in many years) I can spend my time doing what I love as my job. 

Looking forward to all our success and shortcoming this year as a team (most of the short comings will be on my end).  Though, last year, I became a much better hunter, I have only closed on 1 bird since I have been hunting.  (spend a lot of my time getting other folks on birds). 

Take care, hunt hard, but most importantly hunt safe.

Looking forward to sharing a tree with you again this season.  Hopefully you will not get too far off where we will not be able to do it again.  I am going to try to find our two friends from last year and hopefully have them on the limb for us to sit under.  I think you know who I speak of.

They are the ones that messed up and made it personal between us.  Time to even the score with them good buddy!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

C J Stahly

Two birds managed to disappear 2x in the same field, in the same spot, in the middle of the day.  I don't know how, I don't know why, but I do know it WONT happen again.  I can't believe the had the gall to sit out there and strut in front of us and THEN.....do it to you again. 

It isn't over til they are both side by side upside down from a limb.

davisd9

Quote from: C J Stahly on February 11, 2014, 07:47:32 PM
Two birds managed to disappear 2x in the same field, in the same spot, in the middle of the day.  I don't know how, I don't know why, but I do know it WONT happen again.  I can't believe the had the gall to sit out there and strut in front of us and THEN.....do it to you again. 

It isn't over til they are both side by side upside down from a limb.

They had the gall to breed 5-6 hens 20 yards in front of me and never offering me a shot. Then have their hens walk 35 yards out to circle me at 65!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer