turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Choke tube

Started by Nethundergobbler, January 21, 2012, 08:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nethundergobbler

I haven't bought a new choke tube for a gun in year I just got a Benelli SBE 2 and was wduring suggestions on a new choke tube to get. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

drenalinld

Depends on shell. My fav has been Pure Gold in my SBEII.

nyhunter

The best i have found so far for my SBEII is a final strut .665 . I have had good luck with Indian Creek also. I never tried a Pure gold but now there offering it in a .660 so I'm probably going to spend some more money this year on choke tubes.

mightyjoeyoung

Best choke I have EVER used in my 835 for lead was the old Lohman Long Shot .680.  Super long, extended tube that was built like a tank!  I have so totally crushed so many birds with that choke and some 3.5" Fed. pre FC #5 CP lead it's not even funny.  That choke was also a winner on turkey shoots.  Won 7 out of 9 rounds a couple years back with it shooting those cheap 1 1/8 ounce Rem 8s.  :icon_thumright: 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

.676 Stardot in my 835 has been the best in any gun I own
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Indian Creek .665 in INV+ or RemChoke

SumToy

That is a loaded question LoL.   Now it is all in what gun you shoot.  I work with each gun.  A lot of them just build same thing put in every gun.  That why you see some choke work in this brand gun and not this one.     So pick your gun then ask that question.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SKFOOTER

SumToy, I have a Benelli M1 with a 21" barrel.  I'm currently shooting 3" Hevi #7's thru a Jellyhead .655 choke as well as a Kick's .655 tube.  Would you recommend an alternative choke?

SumToy

Quote from: SKFOOTER on January 24, 2012, 09:16:30 AM
SumToy, I have a Benelli M1 with a 21" barrel.  I'm currently shooting 3" Hevi #7's thru a Jellyhead .655 choke as well as a Kick's .655 tube.  Would you recommend an alternative choke?

Would like to see a different choke  :smiley-char092: LoL.  Now from what we find the Kicks put good numbers but in the 645 to 650 rang.   I would run a small choke in that gun with our choke also with the small shot and the short barrel.   Also it will want a sharp taper or real aggressive choke with short small bore.   The lay out of the rhino will work.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Longshanks

Just curious..what kind of numbers are you getting through the kicks .655 with the 3/2/7's? Im shooting the same through an 870 and getting 235 in a 12 @ 40.

SKFOOTER

You need to be using a Jellyhead .660 shooting those Hevi #7's thru your 870.   You can expect to put close to 300 pellets in the 40 yard 10 inch circle with that combo. 

Luke95

I would suggest Sumtoy on experience and how well it patterns

Luke95
Sumtoy Get Choked