turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FCW

Started by SumToy, July 18, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

We was testing some duck loads last few days and think may have found something.   31/2-2-6 lead but only shot 30 yards. Set up for steel shot plus a good wind today.  It gave 191 in the 10 and 184 in the 20. This was with the steel shot chokes.  We been looking for something new for duck huntter and may have found the turkey huntter something.  I post pic latter to night when I get out of shop.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SumToy

:fire:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SumToy

I will.  We just had the wind and was set up for the duck.   This is the fist time I have got them to shoot like this but have not shot alot of them.   Just looking for some numbers to see how they look.   Will try the HTL when I get it in. 

mcgruff1533

Looking forward to seeing your results.     I get pretty good numbers with FCW shells at 30 yards with several chokes ranging from .643" up to .665" with my Mossy 535.   

Once I step back to 40 yards, the pattern density really falls apart.     I've even tried shooting a choke that's designed with the FCW in mind.

Hopefully SumToy has figured things out!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Mimosa Gobbler

They were designed for a non-ported choke! I get beautiful patterns at 40yds. out of Mossberg 500

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

joshb311

My buddies' dad swears by the FCW and an modified factory screw in choke for turkey. I saw one of his patterns in their shop this week and I was thoroughly impressed. He had 130 in the 10" circle and the pellets had an extremely uniform placement on target. As soon as I can pick up a box of the FCW's I'm going to experiment some.

coyotetrpr

I have had good luck with the fcw shells and an old mad max ported turkey choke.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.