Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone still hunting?

Started by timberjack86, May 01, 2013, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

I have been. Havent killed nothing but time but I am still hunting. Weird to be hunting henned up birds this late during our season.

neverstopchasin

i hope to go saturday but been workin like crazy. 40 hrs by wen evenin but make for good pay checks. i guess you didnt kill my bird huh? when does our season close timberjack?

nogoodreezen

I've got one last push left in me. Gonna hunt all weekend and try to get it done before the season closes. It has been a strange season for sure.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jarbo03

Missed a nice bird through the brush yesterday morn.  Birds are goofy right now, weather is crazy. 92 degrees yesterday, up to 5" of snow tonight.  Ready for spring to arrive and stay.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on May 01, 2013, 11:07:32 PM
i hope to go saturday but been workin like crazy. 40 hrs by wen evenin but make for good pay checks. i guess you didnt kill my bird huh? when does our season close timberjack?
Nope but I saw a bunch. Our season close's the 12th.

neverstopchasin

i goin sat dont care if its comin a tornado gonna put the ol spot and stalk on em. this rain is killin these farmers cause they cant get nothin in the ground and its killin my huntn spots

firstflight111

I am still at it ever day i see birds just not the big one's i know are in some of my spots  .not ready to tag out yet ,that means i got yard work to do the longer i stay in the woods the taller my grass grows  ::). I am trying to double with my youngest boy we are going at it again tomorrow to try round 3 ..hope we pull it off, if not he's going to get his second bird . :newmascot:
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

timberjack86

I called my upgrade up today. But he stopped and strutted at 60 yards looking at me. He strutted for 20 minutes and wouldn't come an inch closer.  He lost intrest and walked away. I hate hunting open areas. :help:

neverstopchasin

835 is good to 81 yards, trust me i know. where was he and i will get him in the mornin?

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on May 03, 2013, 10:45:02 PM
835 is good to 81 yards, trust me i know. where was he and i will get him in the mornin?
Nah he was on my private land. I aint going to risk crippling him at 60 yards.

neverstopchasin

went to manchester 2day but didnt do any good could even find any to put the stalk on but would of had to done it from a boat lol. if it dont stop rainin i gonna start on a ark