Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

number six says goodbye!

Started by turkeykiller22, May 01, 2013, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Friday morning I was hunting and has poacher come across me and bump the birds... I had 4 brids gobbling that morning too :( Saturday I went back in there, and did not hear a peep! Not sure what the heck happened to them. After not hearing a bird I went to a new farm I picked up about 2 weeks ago. Hunted there for an hour and a half and did not have any luck, and did not see any sign. Picked up about 10:00 and headed to another farm. I walked in and checked a dust bowl, lucky for me there was a big ol gobbler track in it!! Then all of a sudden he gobbled and he wasnt far. I knew he was out in a field, I just had to find him now. Got about 150 yds from the edge of the field and hit the crow call.

He started blowing smoke and had to have been right at the fence. I just sunk to a tree and started yelping. He answered me and started drumming. That was the only time he answered my mouth call. So i switched to a slate and he cut me off everytime I hit it.

I put my calls down and got ready, now it was time to play the waiting game. Waited about 15 mins and I saw him cross under the fence into the woods with me. Strutted all the way to 12 yds where I shot him! He would have run me over if I hadnt shot him there. 10 7/8 beard 1in spurs, 21 lbs !!!!!

The Lord has for sure blessed me this season and I am so thankful for the things he has given to me.

#footonDAhead
#blessed

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

ltprod

trkehunr93

JVA54

You have sure been hard on them, way to go!!
    Congrats!!

boomer

davisd9

Congratulations! Straight wearing them out!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer