OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What callmakers to see in Nashville?

Started by ssramage, February 13, 2013, 02:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

I'm making my first trip to Nashville this year, going to be there on Sunday. What callmakers should I make it a point to see? Really hoping to pick up a call or two to add to the collection that I normally would not be able to around here. I've got a pretty good collection of box calls and am starting to get into trumpets more and more. Don't know how much will be left on Sunday but really want to try to make the most of the trip. Thanks.

Turkey Trot

Both of these can probably be answered in one.

I don't know if Bob Harwell, Lamar Williams, Billy White, Black Falcon and a few others on this list will have booths, but this is a pretty good list to get you started.

Lonzo's of Bronwood, GA (2 recent D.D. Adams awards for glass calls at NWTF Nat'l Convention)

Dominator (Chad Hutcheson) of McRae/Helena GA (probably sharing booth with Lonzo's)

Bud n Betty (Russell Lynch) of SC--award winner for pot calls

BeardHunter of Buford, GA.

Tom Teasers

Dad's Custom Calls, Hazelhurst, GA

Supreme--Steve Reeves--Macon

Hooks

Scott's Cutters--GA

Culpeper--NY

Ferguson--MO

Tim Bullock --No Bull--NC--strong up and comer, big recent wins in competition

Jeff McKamey--Twisting Creek--TN--strong up and comer, big recent wins

Lamar Williams--FL

Bob Harwell--SC

Sean Mann--in SC--apprentice under Neil Cost--expensive and long backlog

Billy White--in AL

SS Calls-in VA

Albert Paul--in MS

Darren Dawkins

Clayton Custom--Tim Clayton--FL

Black Falcon

Prairie Calls--Larry Gresser

Darrel Slayton

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

dreis3

Check out the Twisting Creek booth (#63) for sure, Jeff makes some outstanding calls. You'll find other guys hanging out there as well, probably Scott Witter (culpepper), Tim Bullock (no bull custom calls), Steve Torman (makes killer strikers), with McKamey who knows who else, haha.

Don't miss SS Custom Calls, booth 1058, they make some killer calls.

Irving Whitt, booth #45

Ralph Permar, Lamar Williams, Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, Herb Hornstra, and Niles Oesterle will be hanging around the Tools of the Trade booth.

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com