OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks calls

Started by jrseale82, March 02, 2012, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

I'm not a master of the mouth call, but their ghost cut has been the easiest for me to use

deersled

I ordered several last year. They seemed to be small for my big mouth, haha. Seriously, they seemed very small to me and I couldn't do anything with them.

Jbird22

Quote from: deersled on March 06, 2012, 12:11:47 PM
I ordered several last year. They seemed to be small for my big mouth, haha. Seriously, they seemed very small to me and I couldn't do anything with them.

Did you order the "Jr" frame of standard frame? If it was the "Jr" frame then that would explain a lot as they are geared toward those with a narrow upper palette such as myself. If it was a standard frame then it's probably because of the smaller tape they put on em. If the tape is too small just ask for large tape next time. Whatever you do, don't give up on Hooks calls. They are as good as you'll find anywhere!

redleg06

#1Executioner 2
#2Executioner
#3Shockwave

deersled

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 06, 2012, 12:42:20 PM
Quote from: deersled on March 06, 2012, 12:11:47 PM

Did you order the "Jr" frame of standard frame? If it was the "Jr" frame then that would explain a lot as they are geared toward those with a narrow upper palette such as myself. If it was a standard frame then it's probably because of the smaller tape they put on em. If the tape is too small just ask for large tape next time. Whatever you do, don't give up on Hooks calls. They are as good as you'll find anywhere!
Dang! I don't think I ordered the junior. I ordered some from david halloran at the same time and the hooks were just too small. David's were great. Maybe I will look at the website, but I actually threw all of em away.

deersled

I just went to there website. I'm fairly certain I ordered the champion's pack. Didn't realize I could ask them to use bigger tape. Oh well.

tha bugman

The Executioner that I bought at the convention needs more tape...keeps flopping around in my mouth like a bad pair of dentures... ;D
Quote from: deersled on March 06, 2012, 01:44:06 PM
I just went to there website. I'm fairly certain I ordered the champion's pack. Didn't realize I could ask them to use bigger tape. Oh well.