OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another shooting

Started by Bowguy, October 02, 2017, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Prayers for the victims, survivors and families.

HookedonHooks

Absolutely!!! Prayers needed out towards Vegas. Hope anyone on here from around there stayed safe as well.

Tail Feathers

:mycross:

Horror doesn't seem like a strong enough word to describe this.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jhp148

Absolutely terrible. Prayers to the families and people that were affected by this. This world is becoming more and more dangerous

HookedonHooks

I had a buddy post something up this morning after watching the news, and I personally don't think I could have said it better myself. Here it is:

"In regards to the comments I've seen about the vegas shooting thus far- Let's pump the brakes here for a second. "Gun culture" is not inherently violent, and is far more broad than a lot of people here are describing. When you're twelve years old and your dad takes you out to shoot soda cans with a .22, that's gun culture. When you go to a target shooting competition, that's gun culture. When you purchase an antique rifle from an auction because you admire its historical significance, that's gun culture. When you go skeet shooting, that's gun culture. This , right here, is a culture of violence. Please do not confuse the two.
We all want to prevent  like this from happening again. What we need to do is get the gun community and the general public on the same page. The gun community freaks out when  like this happens because it threatens the nonviolent aspect of gun culture that millions of Americans enjoy. It threatens the livelihood of mom and pop gun store owners. It causes fear for people who want a means to defend their families in the event of a home invasion. Yes, it also threatens the bottom line of gun manufacturers, but it is also cause for concern for many nonviolent Americans for whom guns are an important part of their lives. Everybody needs to come to the table with an open mind and talk about what we can do to stop senseless acts of violence. Everybody needs to respect the other party's needs and wants."

Unfortunately the justice system won't give this man a tenth of the torture he deserves for his actions. Truly a sad day for America, and what makes it worse is this appears to be the tip of the iceberg for the impending violence in America.
Once again prayers to all effected, a horrifying event for all, may God shed some grace upon America, as we have had a devastating couple months and are experiencing some of darkest times this country has ever experienced.

daddyduke

Will be praying for all those touched by this senseless act of violence.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Jbird22

Praying for those affected by this tragedy! Also, we need to seriously pray for our country as a whole. Much healing is needed and there is only One who can provide it! People need to get on the same page before we end up under the rule of someone else. Wake up people and realize that we're at a pivotal point in our democracy!

Hookedonhooks, the shooter was found dead. The justice system won't have a chance to have its say.

silvestris

Quote from: HookedonHooks on October 02, 2017, 11:54:23 AM
Everybody needs to come to the table with an open mind and talk about what we can do to stop senseless acts of violence. Everybody needs to respect the other party's needs and wants."

Are there still people who actually think they can sit across a table with a snowflake and negotiate their 2nd Amendment rights away successfully? Negotiations means losing for the side who has something to lose.  I have lost enough.

This was the act of a lonely, angry white man.  We may get a hint of what set him off, but that is all.  Humans have faced danger from other humans since Cain got a burr under his sandal and so it continues.  My prayers go out to the victims and their friends, but negotiate, not I.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

compton30

Quote from: silvestris on October 02, 2017, 01:30:42 PM
Everybody needs to come to the table with an open mind and talk about what we can do to stop senseless acts of violence. Everybody needs to respect the other party's needs and wants."

Are there still people who actually think they can sit across a table with a snowflake and negotiate their 2nd Amendment rights away successfully? Negotiations means losing for the side who has something to lose.  I have lost enough.

This was the act of a lonely, angry white man.  We may get a hint of what set him off, but that is all.  Humans have faced danger from other humans since Cain got a burr under his sandal and so it continues.  My prayers go out to the victims and their friends, but negotiate, not I.

Have you lost your life or the life of someone you love to a guy with a weapon who's name features the word very word 'Assault'? How many gunshot wounds does a prayer save? Probably not as many as a civilian being incapable of buying an automatic weapon would. But I'm glad you have your rights, you're not the one laying somewhere bleeding.

GobbleNut

Geez,...it must be that time of the month,...or maybe its the time of year.   ;D
Fellas,...nothing good can come of escalating this discussion.  We all have different opinions about different things.  We will not solve this country's issues by getting into pissin' matches on here.  Remember those who died or were maimed today,...but let it go, otherwise.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: compton30 on October 02, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Have you lost your life or the life of someone you love to a guy with a weapon who's name features the word very word 'Assault'? How many gunshot wounds does a prayer save? Probably not as many as a civilian being incapable of buying an automatic weapon would. But I'm glad you have your rights, you're not the one laying somewhere bleeding.
You don't think some disgruntled nut job would find another way??

compton30

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on October 02, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

You don't think some disgruntled nut job would find another way??

What other ways are people domestically being killed en masse regularly? This isn't about the people doing the killing. It's about limiting their way of inflicting as much damage as possible.

Bowguy

Where exactly did assault come from? Seriously think about this, it's the liberal medias lingo.
Sounds like the fellow used a real full auto gun not an "automatic" like as in semi so making them more illegal or for the few that have them harder to get or keep is mute cause I haven't heard how the fellow got the gun.
You can't have a intelligent discussion without knowing all facts. Ya gotta stop with the party line nonsense and think for yourself. And we need to stop with the bs politics cause the first thing the libs did is try and seize a moment.
Remember 911, box cutters were used to take down more people. Where there is a will there's a way. Don't want to argue with you, just want you to think

HookedonHooks

The weapons in which he used were legally purchased, but two of the 10 in the hotel room were said to be illegally converted to fully automatic weapons. That certainly  supports the fact that if there's a will there's a way!

The more being uncovered on this one, the more confusing it's getting. The motives behind the terrible attack may never be revealed.

silvestris

There is no acceptable motive.  Evil is evil.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game