turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ventilator and hevi 7's

Started by darron, March 18, 2012, 08:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

what type of numbers are people getting with ventilator and hevi 7's?

ILIKEHEVI-13

The best I have got was 282 in a 10" at a tape measured 40yds.  I had cardboard behind this turkey target and counted the 10" and got 282.  This was with only a 3" 2oz load. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And here's the backside of that target above so you can better put it into perspective.  It's the one on the left below.

SKFOOTER

Longshanks

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 18, 2012, 09:48:10 AM
What was the Lot # Brad??

May just be my setup but i havent noticed any difference in the lot #'s of the 3/2/7's.  The 3.5 lot#'s havent changed at all out of my setup but i am shooting them from the last couple of years and avoided the lot numbers ending in 400.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I believe either 200807 or 200806.  That's the boxes I have left.  But it could have been from another box I had before.  

trash2

anyway to check those lots numbers ilikehevi? i have a good deal on 200806, thanks.

Longshanks

Quote from: darron on March 18, 2012, 08:55:56 AM
what type of numbers are people getting with ventilator and hevi 7's?

275 in a 10 @ 40    Rem870sm. Hevi 3/2/7's. Ventilator .655
169 in a 10 @ 40    Rem870sm  Win XX  3/2/6's Pb

Thanks for the tip on the Ventilator .655 Brad.  12.00 plus shipping for a choke that shoots like that is incredible.

houser52

Have there been any problems shooting Hevim shot through that choke since it says lead only on the choke? I have one but haven't tried Hevi though it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: houser52 on March 28, 2012, 03:08:35 PM
Have there been any problems shooting Hevim shot through that choke since it says lead only on the choke? I have one but haven't tried Hevi though it.

I haven't heard of one bad report.  That choke was made prior to all the publicity of the Hevi-Shot craze.  That is why you see the lead only.  All the chokes used to say lead only pretty much on them.  That's including Undertaker chokes, Hastings, Star Dots, etc.  That was a safety disclaimer for steel shot problems that kept the turkey choke tube companies from later trouble hopefully is all from getting too much pressure from steel loads out of a tight turkey choke.  

houser52

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 28, 2012, 04:29:25 PM
Quote from: houser52 on March 28, 2012, 03:08:35 PM

I haven't heard of one bad report.  That choke was made prior to all the publicity of the Hevi-Shot craze.  That is why you see the lead only.  All the chokes used to say lead only pretty much on them.  That's including Undertaker chokes, Hastings, Star Dots, etc.  That was a safety disclaimer for steel shot problems that kept the turkey choke tube companies from later trouble hopefully is all from getting too much pressure from steel loads out of a tight turkey choke.  

Thanks for the info. I have some more Hevi 327 on the way. I'm gonna try them through the ventilator and see how they do.

hunter-b

Thanks for the info. I have some more Hevi 327 on the way. I'm gonna try them through the ventilator and see how they do.
[/quote]
Let us know how you make out . I have a ventilater on the way .

K9Doc

I love that "Pixie Dust" !!!!  :TooFunny:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.