OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

parking behind someone at a gate

Started by turkeyfool, May 24, 2022, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Could be a Hardcore Hiker parking on Top of you at the Gate. Alot of Hunters are just starting to realize that the general  public- if they want to see the Wildlife- they can see more of it at the crack of Dawn.
    Adds to the pressure. It is what it is.

NCL

I certainly agree with the idea of being respectful to others and not just in hunting but in all aspects of life. As I was reading this thread I thought of the public land I hunt which is over 45000 acres and two my knowledge only has three access points, one of which is very small probably parking for about 10 or so vehicles. the other two are access roads which offer more parking. To this limited access add this land is used by hikers, fishermen, hunters, geo-caches, a crude shooting range, extensively by horse riders, especially in the spring, and probably a few other reasons. Maybe in your area parked vehicle mean hunters, here it could many other things. 

tak

The public area I hunt is about 7500 acres with a lot of pull off parking areas. By the second week of season, most of the vehicles I ran across were mushroom hunters. I just had go a little deeper and expect a possible disruption of my hunt. I am just glad to have the opportunity.

joey46

"Big Boy".  I have three old geezers that would love to see you burning their trucks.  You are a phoney pos.  Bite me.  Go someplace else.

BDeal

Quote from: CowHunter71 on June 03, 2022, 08:27:40 AM
Quote from: WV Flopper on May 25, 2022, 07:10:44 PM
I sure would hate to be the guy I catch letting the air out of my tires when I walk out of the woods with my 10g slung over my shoulder with 5 - 2 5/8oz # 8/9 TSS in it.

The woods have eyes! It takes a pretty stupid person to mess with someones vehicle. You may just be gambling with your life.
If you were the one who parked and then walked in on me a second time, no air in your tires would be the least of your worries. I would light your truck on fire and you would walk back to where ever you came from. Been there and done it. Not afraid of confrontation one freakin bit. You've got to be both rude and ignorant to park and then walk in on another Turkey Hunter. I will not tolerate either and will gamble with my life to ensure it does not happen to me. ;) I don't give a rats a## about any other public ground gates, in any other states, here in SE Tn, on the South Cherokee National Forest, one gate one truck, period. All you rude and ignant, locals and out of staters alike, take note.

Moron Alert. Likely the biggest coward around as well.

HookedonHooks

Sounds like anyone looking for a new truck should just go park behind others in the South Cheroke next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btodd00

South Cherokee should be the new Chadron

Tail Feathers

I sure would hate to be the guy I catch letting the air out of my tires when I walk out of the woods with my 10g slung over my shoulder with 5 - 2 5/8oz # 8/9 TSS in it.

The woods have eyes! It takes a pretty stupid person to mess with someones vehicle. You may just be gambling with your life.
If you were the one who parked and then walked in on me a second time, no air in your tires would be the least of your worries. I would light your truck on fire and you would walk back to where ever you came from. Been there and done it. Not afraid of confrontation one freakin bit. You've got to be both rude and ignorant to park and then walk in on another Turkey Hunter. I will not tolerate either and will gamble with my life to ensure it does not happen to me. ;) I don't give a rats a## about any other public ground gates, in any other states, here in SE Tn, on the South Cherokee National Forest, one gate one truck, period. All you rude and ignant, locals and out of staters alike, take note.
That's quite a rant.  So you're willing to face prison over a hunter maybe getting to close to you?  That's just stupid.  If you park at a gate to 3000 acres, you don't get to claim all of it for the day just because you got there first.  You sound like a hotheaded 19 year old with that rant.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tommy Strutsalot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Of all my years on the forum, i guess i have seen my first threat of burning someone else's truck... just because of being first or second ... OMG ... WHAT A COMMENT

sswv

Sometimes I hunt a WMA and sometimes I hunt National Park Service property. Both border each other. My grandmothers were born and raised on these properties. One on each. My parents were born and raised on these properties. The majority of my family still live in these areas.  Does that give the right to think I own the area and have say so over where other people hunt? Does that give me dibs on these areas just because that's where me and my family have hunted for decades? NO, it does not. There is a gravel road that runs for miles thru the area with gates along the way. If someone happens to pull in alongside does that give me the right to burn their vehicle or burst their tires. NO, it does not. Now, do I agree with someone coming in behind me. NO, I do not. But the land is public and everyone has the right to be there. We just need to learn (especially us older guys) that things just ain't like they were back in the day.   And for goodness sake....PLEASE don't ack like an ahole and start crap with someone over a parking spot. You just might be dealing with someone just as stupid and hot headed as you and hot headed idiots with guns is not a good combination.

jus my 2cents

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Yoder409

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

All banjo..........all the time.     :homersimpson:     :boon:    :homersimpson:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

quavers59

I just heard through the Grapevine that the area of - " South Cherokee is the new Utube Traveling Turkey Hunting Groups destination  next Spring.
   I hear 5 or 6 groups are ready to Park behind a Sleeping Grouch who is known to Threaten other Turkey Hunters.