Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Blessed Day

Started by zelmo1, April 29, 2024, 12:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I'm not a word guy peeps. I had an amazing experience in the woods today. Just pics. I can't load them right now but my wife, the smart one, will help me later. Z

callaway71

3seasons

Looking forward to seeing them.

cannonball

Wow Z! I don't think you'll have to say much once you post those pics. I'd be speechless too.

Tom007

Congrats Z. I got your pic, I won't spill the beans but when the forum sees what you got, it truly was a Blessed Day for sure!
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Here's a pic for Z. Congrats! This is a true trophy!
"Solo hunter"

3seasons

Wow!!! That's beautiful.  I'm not sure I could have held it together to make a shot on it.
Huge congratulations!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jroddc

Wow! congrats! That's amazing

JeffC

What an awesome trophy Mr. Z Congratulations
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

Worst shot/ set up ever

GuideGun

Matt

callaway71

FullChoke

Outstanding Z!  A once in a lifetime bird for sure! Can't wait to hear the story.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Happy

Cool looking gobbler Z. Big congrats!

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

zelmo1

Biologist says without a DNA test, his opinion was that it is a hybrid between a royal palm and a wild eastern bird. He went through the markings and characteristics of each bird and it looks that way to me also. I checked for any signs of domestic turkeys in the surrounding area and found nothing. He said they will wander till they find other turkeys so it could have travelled a ways.  Either way it was exciting to see that white bird gobbling in behind those hens. Enough to pull the trigger, lol. Z