turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo patterns for turkey guns

Started by WW, March 06, 2012, 09:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I've always liked bottomland as my favorite and wanted my gun dipped in that pattern, but after seeing a pattern called the ultimate camo pattern.........I think it's my new favorite. Y'all look it up, it looks just like the bark of an oak tree!

Lunchbox

Philippe

One of my most favorites for spring hunting would be Mothwing Spring Mimicry

joffutt1

Looks like the Realtree camo from 1992.

rtsj

Quote from: Philippe on March 06, 2012, 09:47:11 PM
One of my most favorites for spring hunting would be Mothwing Spring Mimicry
I agree 100%   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WW

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 06, 2012, 09:31:14 PM
You mean this one?

Yep, that's it.......Surehuntsalot, what choke does the best in that 835 on the bottom in the pic? I've got one just like that one.

gophert

Gobblestik

haven't picked mine up yet, I'll try to get pics when I do. But I got my gun at the shop now getting dipped in this camo. You can play with the contrast in it too. Make it lighter or darker. The guy doing mine had many stocks in his shop that he was doing in various shades, and they all looked awesome!

Can't wait to get mine back.

tyelper

that is referred to as tree bark camo

FullChoke

I agree that this is an awesome pattern for a gun and it is the one that I will eventually go with. The company is not entirely alone in their approach to camo, though. Jim Crumley presently has two camos that are very similar,  Trebark® 005 and Outfitter Tuff® Camo (with leaves). (http://www.outfittertuff.com/camopatterns.htm)

It is interesting that you would mention seeing examples of base color manipulation to achieve a different total effect. I have a few ideas on this subject and will incorporate them into my gun base prep when I dip my 870.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: WW on March 07, 2012, 10:38:34 AM
Quote from: Lunchbox on March 06, 2012, 09:31:14 PM
You mean this one?

Yep, that's it.......Surehuntsalot, what choke does the best in that 835 on the bottom in the pic? I've got one just like that one.

you have heard this before,I'm sure,but the best choke that I have tried in that particular gun is a .676 stardot
no matter what lead load it is,it will throw a great pattern 5's and 6's work the best
Federal 3.5" FC 2oz #5's

Federal 3.5" FC 2oz #6's

Federal 3.5" preFC 2-1/4oz #5's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WW

Thanks! I sure wish I would've bought one back when....

Offroadtek

I dipped a friend of mines 835 in Ultimate for this season. It was the factory greenish camo.

joker

Why would anyone want that camo. If you would ever set your gun against a tree you could never find it again. :TooFunny: