turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ar15 stock conversion bps 10 ?

Started by LBSS, October 07, 2011, 10:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

I use to really like the steady grip stock for the benelli I had so now I want a detached pistol grip on my 10 ga.  Never seen it in a bps10 . I've see the stock adapters for ar15 for 870s 500s etc with built in m1913 rails.  Any one got a idea who could make one for the bps10?  Think it would be very useful.

Old Gobbler

You might want to try contacting someone like  Mesa Tactical http://www.mesatactical.com/  , and talk to them , I haven't seen any after market stock parts for a BPS , but they might be able to tell you if a another make can be modified to work on your BPS

The mesa stocks also offer a recoil reducing device for the tactical stocks --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

That would be different for sure. Sometimes you just have to get parts and do some r&d of your own. That would be killer if you came up with an aftermarket conversion. I modified a benelli sims pad to fit a Knoxx stock on an 870 supermag. stuff like that makes for some unique setups. Post it if you come up with something!  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

LBSS

Thinking I could use a 1.25" dom tube for main stock with a. .250" wall thickness and make a recoil pad of 3/16" plate steel. I haven't took my stock off my bps because the owner before me cut the lop down the 13" but glued the pad back on so I havnt messed with it.  If there's a will there's a way god bless I need another cup of joe

LBSS

Ok think I found someone who could make this but before I ask want to know if anyone else here would be interested in one?

gobbler74

LB,
Check out the kick eez grind to fit pads. Im not going to alter my original bps condition but that may be an option for you versus the steel butt pad. You could at one time even get the pads that were blank for drilling new mounting holes. Might work on the AR style. 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

LBSS

I just emailed Rif at red jacket about a adapter.  I know they can nut don't know if they will.  Waiting for a reply.

gobbler74

I hate to hear what the prices are from them on gun parts...I wonder if TV has swelled their heads too much?

LBSS

This is the email I got back

am sorry , But due to a very high demand in our products we are not taking in custom projects at this time. We are only taking orders for what is listed on our website. Thank you .

Im going to contact other custom shoos etc see what I dig up

LBSS

Well I got someone who will do it for me he makes choke tubes but does custom work to