turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Enticer Calls

Started by 870BkWht, April 19, 2015, 12:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Anyone use or hunt Enticer calls by Al Holbert in Pa?

I have been looking at his corian pot calls and I would like to hear from anyone who uses his calls.

Bowguy

:mycross:I don't hunt or use them but an archery shop by me carries some n I ran one of his scratch boxes. Very inexpensive n sounded pretty good.

packmule

I do and really like them, all of his products. I have the Wet One Classic corian glass pot and the Appalachian Edge slate. I also bought the double trouble aluminum over glass.  It's a small call that is great for soft talk, purrs, clucks, tree yelps.  I really like his strikers and call covers as well.  The carbon tipped striker that he sells sounds great on all of my calls.

WildTigerTrout

I own a laminated pot "Pennsylvania Thunder". Great quality and sound. I bought it from Al Holbert about ten years ago. It never leaves my vest!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

grayfox

I have the Silver Fox Aluminum & the Glass Rolling Thunder both in the corian pots.  Good calls.

letinmfly

Al makes some good calls and at a reasonable price. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

mikejd

Actually my favorite call, I did not even know the maker until this post. I bought it at a small sporting goods shop were I hunt in NY. Mine is glass in a laminate pot.

rcpigg65

Between my sons and I we have four of his calls and i wonder how he can sell them for about the same price as plastic mass produced calls . we have all killed birds with them and love the silver fox and any of the wet wonders . They will run soaking wet in hard rain and never miss a beat . The silver fox will reach out to locate or tone down to work bird close . Before I found his calls I used a cheap plastic aluminum call on windy days as a locator , no comparison to what Al makes . Extremely nice guy to deal with also .

Snoodsniper

otis

Matt / PA

I have a lot of pot calls by well known makers and while they are all good in their own right the 3 Enticer calls that I own are my "go to" calls. I don't mess around much with the corian stuff but The Walnut Power slate , Feather Touch glass, and Silver Fox aluminum never leave my vest...... with the slate getting first crack most of the time. She really sings with a one piece persimmon striker.

If I lost my Walnut Power Slate today I would buy another one tomorrow for 3X what I paid for it.....very nice calls from a good guy.

Ctburdchasr

I have his silver fox, power slate, timeless thunder and the side kick I like all of them they are very utilitarian very good sounding and very nice looking also.  Highly recommended calls from a top notch guy. The silver fox aluminum is  hands down the best sounding aluminum I have run and the sidekick in a corian pot plays covered in water and also can play very nicely on the bottom of the call also once it's conditioned.

PALongspur

Can anyone tell me what one of Al's calls measures across the top? I'm trying to figure out what size pot the call covers will fit.

Thanks.

grayfox

3 & 3/4" inch on mine.  I have the Rolling Thunder Glass & Silver Fox Aluminum.