turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening Day Pot Calls......

Started by hunter22, January 10, 2015, 11:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Mississippi will open in just a little over two months. I am getting pumped. I have been running a lot of calls and this will be my lineup opening day with 5 different playing surfaces. The slate choice is a surprise since it has not showed up on any of my pot call teams. I recently acquired it. My son heard it yesterday and told me to hunt that call. Let's see your opening day pot calls.

Top l to r
Darrin Dawkins Walnut slate, Dustin Jones Walnut crystal
Middle l to r
Gary Anderson Padauk ceramic, Bill Lyman Ebony aluminum
Bottom
Mike Yingling cast copper
Bottom
Roger Parks tree call

SS Calls

Nice line up Rickey. Good choice on the slate. I ran a bunch of Darrin's pot calls in his shop a few years ago. He builds a good one, and a really good guy to boot.  :icon_thumright:

VA_Birdhunter

Very nice set of calls and a good line up to have!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

mgm1955

Got some of the best there is Rickey. Good luck!

dreis3

That lineup will serve you well Rickey, no doubt  :icon_thumright:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

grayfox

sbbow

That's a fine line up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

Some fine lookin calls ,,,good luck
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hunter22

Denny----It all depends on the mood of the gobbler. If he is on the limb I start out with the Parks Tree call to let him know I am there waking up. Once he starts gobbling pretty good I give him a couple clucks and a yelp on the slate or a scratch box and lay the calls down. When it gets time for flydown I slap my hat on the ground and then wait. Once he is on the ground and gobbling good I get more aggressive with a glass or copper call. But I have killed several gobblers that have literally landed right in my lap whenever they flew down. To me the key to early morning calling is not to call too much.

callmakerman

OK here's my line up of calls that go in my vest. The scratch boxes, strikers and pots always stay in the vest but the boxes can and do change with only two riding with me at any one time. All pots and strikers are mine with a Terefencko aluminum call popping in from time to time. Scratch boxes are mine and the boxes are made by me and Ed Terefencko. All proven killers it just depends on what I want to run on any given day.

hunter22

Triple B

Outstanding line up of calls from both you Rickey and Bill.Very nice .....

silverspur

Awesome calls by great callmakers!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs