News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

looking for a good Copper Pot call

Started by Bigeclipse, January 06, 2015, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeclipse

Hey all,
           im looking to buy a new call this year and decided to add a copper pot call with acrylic striker to my collection.  I have come across two places selling these on the net so far.  One is by a man named Bill Baublit who also has a youtube video of his calls and the other is found under Prairie Game Calls.  I believe the Prairie Game Calls are pretty well known but they are also selling it at 90$ (yikes!) Bill Baublit's calls seem very well made and are only 50-60$.  Any thoughts?  thanks!

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 06, 2015, 10:47:25 AM
Hey all,
           im looking to buy a new call this year and decided to add a copper pot call with acrylic striker to my collection.  I have come across places selling these on the net so far.  One is by a man named Bill Baublit who also has a youtube video of his calls and the other is found under Prairie Game Calls.  I believe the Prairie Game Calls are pretty well known but they are also selling it at 90$ (yikes!) Bill Baublit's calls seem very well made and are only 50-60$.  Any thoughts?  thanks!

Bigeclipse,  If you try one of my copper calls, I think you will be pleased with the sound and how easy they are to run.
If you are not satisfied with the call I offer you a money back guarantee.  The youtube video is only a sample of what of what these calls sound like.  They sound even better in the woods.

Bill

Bigeclipse

Quote from: bbcustomboxcalls on January 06, 2015, 11:12:14 AM
Hey all,
           im looking to buy a new call this year and decided to add a copper pot call with acrylic striker to my collection.  I have come across places selling these on the net so far.  One is by a man named Bill Baublit who also has a youtube video of his calls and the other is found under Prairie Game Calls.  I believe the Prairie Game Calls are pretty well known but they are also selling it at 90$ (yikes!) Bill Baublit's calls seem very well made and are only 50-60$.  Any thoughts?  thanks!

Bigeclipse,  If you try one of my copper calls, I think you will be pleased with the sound and how easy they are to run.
If you are not satisfied with the call I offer you a money back guarantee.  The youtube video is only a sample of what of what these calls sound like.  They sound even better in the woods.

Bill

is it the copper call along with acrylic tip that allows using the call in the rain or is it more the acrylic tip?  The reason I ask is I am interested in a call which might be able to be used in light rain/mist.  Either way I will be buying a new pot call, whether it be copper, slate, or glass...one thing I am hesitant about the copper calls is them tarnishing.  How hard are they to take care of and how long do they last, sounds like they might wear a little faster.  If it is simply the acrylic striker allowing use in rain, I might go towards that in conjunction with one of your slate or glass calls.

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 06, 2015, 12:07:11 PM
Hey all,

Bill

is it the copper call along with acrylic tip that allows using the call in the rain or is it more the acrylic tip?  The reason I ask is I am interested in a call which might be able to be used in light rain/mist.  Either way I will be buying a new pot call, whether it be copper, slate, or glass...one thing I am hesitant about the copper calls is them tarnishing.  How hard are they to take care of and how long do they last, sounds like they might wear a little faster.  If it is simply the acrylic striker allowing use in rain, I might go towards that in conjunction with one of your slate or glass calls.

Any of the metal surfaces such as copper or aluminum will work well in wet conditions.  Slate is probably not a good choice if you want a call to be used in the rain because it absorbs moisture and will have to be dried to continue using it.
Yes the purpose of the acrylic tip striker is to eliminate moisture that would in occur in a wood tip striker.
Copper surfaces are not that hard to condition or keep conditioned.  When I first condition a copper surface I use 120 grit emery cloth
Then after that a scotchbrite pad is all that's needed.  If the surface becomes slick after long periods of use simply rough it with the emery cloth. 
So to answer your questions, they are easy to take care of and they do not wear out faster.

Bill

Bigeclipse

Quote from: bbcustomboxcalls on January 06, 2015, 12:40:52 PM
Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 06, 2015, 12:07:11 PM
Hey all,

Bill

Any of the metal surfaces such as copper or aluminum will work well in wet conditions.  Slate is probably not a good choice if you want a call to be used in the rain because it absorbs moisture and will have to be dried to continue using it.
Yes the purpose of the acrylic tip striker is to eliminate moisture that would in occur in a wood tip striker.
Copper surfaces are not that hard to condition or keep conditioned.  When I first condition a copper surface I use 120 grit emery cloth
Then after that a scotchbrite pad is all that's needed.  If the surface becomes slick after long periods of use simply rough it with the emery cloth. 
So to answer your questions, they are easy to take care of and they do not wear out faster.

Bill

thanks Bill.  Will be looking forward to trying out the call this coming spring!

sbbow

Did you look at Yinglings copper with his fiber rod pretty sure it all weather striker. He's got a couple in the classifieds with sound files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRKYHTR

Remember that even though these calls can run in wet conditions it is not a good idea. If these pots are made of wood these woods can soak in the water and it can ruin the pot. Light mist or dew is probably alright but I wouldn't use one of these nice wood pot copper calls in the rain. If you do try to keep them as dry as possible and for sure wipe them clean after use or after the rainy conditions stop.

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Snoodsniper

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 07, 2015, 11:50:50 PM
Remember that even though these calls can run in wet conditions it is not a good idea. If these pots are made of wood these woods can soak in the water and it can ruin the pot. Light mist or dew is probably alright but I wouldn't use one of these nice wood pot copper calls in the rain. If you do try to keep them as dry as possible and for sure wipe them clean after use or after the rainy conditions stop.
Yingling cast copper pot should solve this.

Bntmtngamecalls

We at Bent Mountain Game Calls have a copper pot with slate on the bottom.  We sell them for 60.00 on our website.  Take a look at www.bentmountaingamecalls.com.  Let me know if you have any questions

bcknuts

I bought one of Bill's copper pot calls two years ago.That call is smoking.It is my go to call first thing off the roost.It is very forgiving call.It has tagged a few birds trust me.  Kevin
Kevin