turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ralph Permar Jr. Influenced this one!

Started by pappy, September 10, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I love Mr. Ralph's calls....he sure helped me a lot over the years with mine. I had a piece of Boise De Rose Madagascar Rosewood that I was using back in 2010 and had sent some to Ralph ... I found this one piece in a box of snakewood...(no wonder I can't find wood when I need it) LOL....and it hit me why not pay tribute to the guy who started me along a long and enjoyable path? So I turned this today...it is somewhat larger then Mr. Permar's as I used my internal measurements which I have set up for 7-3/4" length.....and my mouthpieces are setup for 3" lengths...but the shape is similar to his 1917 series of trumpets. I hope I did him well with the honor. Gonna send it to him as a gift....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

nitro

Beautiful yelper... 

Very nice way to tribute Mr. Ralph. He will love it I'm sure.  :icon_thumright:
Royal Slam 2008

Crawdad

Jack you still amaze me with your work buddy.

pappy

thank you all for the comments, you know I have come to believe that making calls is not all about selling calls....it is about sharing them with friends and folks who really appreciate the time and effort that goes into making them. I have money....I have a nice home and truck...but let me tell ya this.....without friends....these things are useless ... thank God for friendship...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

CMBOSTC

That's a really good looking trumpet Jack.

Chris

cramerhunts

antnye

Quote from: pappy on September 11, 2015, 01:04:43 PM
thank you all for the comments, you know I have come to believe that making calls is not all about selling calls....it is about sharing them with friends and folks who really appreciate the time and effort that goes into making them. I have money....I have a nice home and truck...but let me tell ya this.....without friends....these things are useless ... thank God for friendship...

:icon_thumright: Well said!
And great looking horn.

Jacobson

Pappy that is a nice way to put your call making into perspective. The wood looks awesome and the trumpet looks great....