OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where to Put Your Trumpets

Started by SCGobbler, May 29, 2013, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

I think part of the reason I like turkey hunting is all the stuff you get to acquire.  I am a gadget junkie so turkey hunting and I are a perfect fit.

I am a trumpet hunter so I have a question for the other hunters.  Where do you keep your trumpets?

Surely you don't keep them all around your neck because I usually have 2-3 trumpets, 2 tube calls, and my diaphragms around my neck at all times.

I have seen trumpet cases, but where do most keep them while hunting?  Around your neck?
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

WillowRidgeCalls

I keep the spare ones that I'm not using in one of my striker cases, you can keep 4/6 trumpets in them and keep them protected while not in use. The same with my tubes, I keep them in a pot call bag.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

West Augusta

I keep one on a lanyard around my neck and the trumpet stuffed in my shirt pocket.  If I carry more than one, the others go in a long horizontal pocket on my vest.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

howl

I carry it the same as my strikers with the lanyard tied in with a lark's head. If I am using it I will put the lanyard around my neck with the call tucked into my shirt. See one toward the top in this pic:

strutnrut

Around my neck cause I use it more than any other call.

TRKYHTR

I tie the lanyard on my vest and keep the trumpet in one of the pockets that zip up. I tie it to the vest because in the heat of the moment I don't want to drop it and loose it. So if it's tied on that solves that problem. I put it in the zipped pocket to get it out of the way when I am walking or when you sit down in a hurry.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

M Sharpe

Quote from: strutnrut on May 29, 2013, 11:14:32 AM
Around my neck cause I use it more than any other call.

That's right where mine are at too. I carry at least one trumpet and a couple wingbones at the same time....tucked into my shirt between the buttons.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

strutnrut

Carry one with a wingbone mouthpiece and a regular mouthpiece. I try to buy the shirt with the hidaway pockets an keep one in that pocket the other in between the top two buttons.

savduck

Mine is around my neck, and if wearing a button down either in the front pocket or tucked in between buttons.
Georgia Boy