North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hey Reflexal

Started by Roost 1, March 06, 2024, 09:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Are you the head goat in charge?

Roost 1

Somebody wake that ol goat up. Tell him his ol nemesis is back in the game.

reflexl

I thought you died! Nah I am not the boss. I gave that up due to OCP addiction issues.

reflexl

Well I had to find his ugly self. He is going buzzrd blasting on the boring twinkies. This should be epic. Boom. Killed a buzzard. How is we going to score it? Hmmmmmm

Roost 1

I kno yall keep ol reflex around for the entertainment and I thank yall for that.  This is why we have 12 man teams but only score 9 birds.  :thanks:

zelmo1

reflexl

Ha! I will turn in 6 kiwi birds!

Roost 1

Quote from: reflexl on March 21, 2024, 08:43:01 AM
Ha! I will turn in 6 kiwi birds!

Can't win cracking eggs.

reflexl

Ha! Of course you know that in the past I was on some teams where I was one of five one year and one of 7 another year that even turned in birds. You have know idea how hard it was to waste the record book bird and another 70 pt bird. This year I am looking for a 80lbs bird with a 39" beard. All jokes aside good luck this year. My last two years have been awful but I am feeling pretty good about this year.

Roost 1

Quote from: reflexl on March 21, 2024, 09:05:29 AM
Ha! Of course you know that in the past I was on some teams where I was one of five one year and one of 7 another year that even turned in birds. You have know idea how hard it was to waste the record book bird and another 70 pt bird. This year I am looking for a 80lbs bird with a 39" beard. All jokes aside good luck this year. My last two years have been awful but I am feeling pretty good about this year.

Hey man it's all in good fun. I've sat out the last couple years and so
I'm looking forward to being back and all that it entails.
In all seriousness, I hope you have a great season and I wish your team well.

reflexl

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 21, 2024, 09:20:30 AM
Quote from: reflexl on March 21, 2024, 09:05:29 AM

Hey man it's all in good fun. I've sat out the last couple years and so
I'm looking forward to being back and all that it entails.
In all seriousness, I hope you have a great season and I wish your team well.

At least I put one of those over 70pt birds to good use. Got him hanging in my office. He was delicious so not a total loss. LOL

Roost 1

Have you gave up  yet?? Surely you are tagged out in TN... I am..... :OGturkeyhead:

reflexl

Quote from: Roost 1 on April 19, 2024, 11:35:18 AM
Have you gave up  yet?? Surely you are tagged out in TN... I am..... :OGturkeyhead:

I have barely got to hunt. 50 kidney stones in two days turned into UTI from torment turned prostitus. Having a ball. On top of that the doc thought cancer was back. MRI. No cancer. LOL

All of this building up to tomorrow. A jake aint safe! Taking the huntsman muzzleloader. I spent an hour cleaning it and loading it last night for that one perfect shot. After I sorted out the load (spent about a grand on TSS shot and eveything to go with it) it is perfect at 40 yards and could push it to 50 if my calling stinks.
Here is what it is doing:

Roost 1

Hey man sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope all that gets worked out.
I'm just poking you in good fun.
Pattern looks great, can't wait to see what it does to a bird.
Good luck buddy.

reflexl

Quote from: Roost 1 on April 19, 2024, 12:21:43 PM
Hey man sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope all that gets worked out.
I'm just poking you in good fun.
Pattern looks great, can't wait to see what it does to a bird.
Good luck buddy.
[/quotOh

I know. If not I would have tried to lay some kind of big guilt trip on you. LOL
That shotgun blow smoke like a power plant and kicks like one of my elephant gun but so much fun!
I had Paducah Gun Works bore and thread it for the Tru-Choke. It is my favorite turkey gun now.
I have the number 2 in TN-16 in the world typical Eastern by muzzleloader. Hoping to set the world record using this gun.

I am feeling better. The last two turkey season were rough. I am ready to be really back at it.
A bunch of our birds have disappeared. Not sure what is going on with them. I know there are a few around though. Hopefully one less in the morning.