OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

So, every year I put out a blind..........

Started by Yoder409, May 02, 2024, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

I hate hunting from a blind !!!!  But some days it's pouring the rain, or snowing & blowing.  Some days I have a kid or a total newbie along.....  So I put a blind out and throw a decoy in it for such occasions.

Well........ The condition my back is currently in..... I may be relegated to the blind for a few days.

Here's what you'll have around here.  Wednesday night.......

I found the decoy 100 yards back in the woods behind the blind.

I FREAKIN' DESPISE BEARS !!!!!!

:character0029:  :angry9:  :character0029:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

twyatt

I HATE sitting in a blind, but I have one set up too for when I take my daughter.  She's not quite old enough to hunt outside of the blind yet.  I despise that thing.  We're going out this afternoon, and I already know it's going to feel like a sauna inside of it.
  There are bears around our place too, but a vented bag of mothballs thrown inside the blind has kept everything away from it (so far). 

Happy

Hey Yoda,
Are you sure that was bears? Maybe it was GOATS! I'm just kidding you, that sucks. I think you should March out there and rassel him into submission. Give him a wet willy and send him packing. Should straighten that back out, too.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

paboxcall

Maybe your brother should sit in there first, check to see if that bear is inclined to come back for more.  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on May 02, 2024, 01:35:28 PMMaybe your brother should sit in there first, check to see if that bear is inclined to come back for more.  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

My brother won't get outta bed that early to hunt turkeys most of the time.  ::)

Besides......... Bears have more sense than to bite into something that tastes like THAT.  :TooFunny: 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

I hate blinds with a passion but have not choice, I wish my body would let me get back on the ground. It is one of the reasons I had this foot operated on so I could at least try.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ChesterCopperpot

That sucks! We're starting to get rather overrun with bears where I live. Have encounters every year now. Had one pop over a knife edge ridge on me this spring from upwind and when he come onto the ridge he was within 20yds in the pitch black with my flashlight straight in his eyes. We both crapped I think. Had cubs in a tree last week that I raised a ruckus to run off, not knowing where mama was. They all went crashing off the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 05, 2024, 07:11:08 PMBesides......... Bears have more sense than to bite into something that tastes like THAT.  :TooFunny:

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer