turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#3 bites the dust...I mean mud

Started by catman529, May 05, 2017, 06:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Been misting rain all day and was funny his fan looked like that the whole time he was strutting.

Stalked and called to this bird for over an hour yesterday till I lost sight of him and then his hens flew up 30 mins before sunset.

Today I was working on some videos that I'm uploading and saw him again in the same field. Started with 2 hens then eventually I realized it was 4 hens and a jake and the tom.

Well it took two hours this time before I finally had an open 40 yard shot. He was getting pissed off at the jake and they started fighting. I had to be careful of which red head to shoot because I could only see all the birds from the neck up. The one with the bigger head became obvious when a full fan went up behind him. I settled in the sight and waited for him to put his head all the way up and let him have it. That jake is probably gonna be a mean bird next spring.

3 year old with one spur broke down to a nub.

Have to run to the store to get new batteries for my scale. Not real heavy but will see.

1 tag left and maybe just maybe I can find one that will answer my call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRG3

Congratulations on filling tag #3. I gave up on my Southern Illinois effort to fill my third tag yesterday, the last day of the spring season. Three inches of rain, upper 40s temperature, and a stiff wind convinced me to roll over and shut off the alarm. Nearly 11" of rain over the past week shut down access to most of my turkey spots and I really don't have a strategy to hunting under those conditions. Anyway, hope you fill your next tag.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

appalachianassassin

you've found your stride now. youll soon get #4. congrats

J-Shaped

Congrats man. You got the momentum going now - keep it up.

Gotta ask, though, sandals or boots on this one?  ;D

C.Kimzey95

catman529

Quote from: J-Shaped on May 06, 2017, 03:50:16 PM

another notch in the sandals lol

J-Shaped

Quote from: catman529 on May 06, 2017, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: J-Shaped on May 06, 2017, 03:50:16 PM

another notch in the sandals lol

Haha. Good deal.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.